The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Snake Shed Skins???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mole Posted - 15/04/2011 : 13:12:06
Hey guys just thought that I would enquire about the different ways in which you file / keep (if you do) your snakes skins. Striker has shed 4 times with us now and we wanted a good way to keep them together and to minimise damage to them. Your ideas and ways of doing this would be much appreciated ta
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:38:06
all mine get filed in the big grey filing cabinet outside and the nice men from the council take them to the 'archive' every Tuesday :D
LouiseB Posted - 16/04/2011 : 16:03:19
Do they not go off after a certain amount of time, being organic and all? Just curious, as I've never kept one for long enough to find out.
I tend to keep my snakes' most recent sheds until they produce another one, then compare them in size, then throw the old one away. My corn is an amel, so her shed skins are quite boring anyway!
HannahB Posted - 16/04/2011 : 15:04:09
i used to keep them but got a bit paranoid about them attracting some nasties so binned them - wish I'd kept the very first ones from all of them but forgot to
Mort13 Posted - 16/04/2011 : 02:00:30
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Stuffed mine in tubs although I do have the MBK draped around the TV. I don't keep lardy's skin though as it isn't sexy.

Are any snake sheds sexy???

Most of mine I find look liked used condoms or are rolled up like un-used ones

Pmsl!! Trust you!
Mole Posted - 15/04/2011 : 21:49:03
Do love the alternative uses for the shed's, almost bob the builderish, reduce reuse recycle, not sure that most blokes would like to use them as condoms tho must remove that image from my mind zap!!!!
Lixra Posted - 15/04/2011 : 20:38:57
We save a bunch and stick them under a hat we're wearing and pretend we have dred-locks!
Newbie Posted - 15/04/2011 : 20:26:45
Vin's only shed once with me and I've kept it to put in my scrapbook, going to get some sticky back plastic stuff to keep it flat and in place
Invalid User Posted - 15/04/2011 : 20:06:43
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Stuffed mine in tubs although I do have the MBK draped around the TV. I don't keep lardy's skin though as it isn't sexy.

Are any snake sheds sexy???

Most of mine I find look liked used condoms or are rolled up like un-used ones
a33272 Posted - 15/04/2011 : 19:47:32
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr
I've only kept some of the exceptional sheds which I give to kids from the local infant school every so often, they love it.

alternative to a bag of sweets is it
Sta~ple Posted - 15/04/2011 : 19:34:39
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/04/2011 : 19:33:19
I think I've got some that have fallen down the back of the viv stack.
I also found some behind the telly, including one from the royal, which shows how long ago it was I cleaned behind the telly.
Aside from that, I've only kept some of the exceptional sheds which I give to kids from the local infant school every so often, they love it.
Mort13 Posted - 15/04/2011 : 18:42:53
I've got mine in plastic sleeves in ring binders with the dates,measurements and times that they've shed if I've been lucky enough to catch it happening.
Mole Posted - 15/04/2011 : 18:08:35
OOO really like the laminating idea, not only snake but stationary related too ( how sad! ) then could put them in a ring binder with a sticker with the dates on hmmmm
ozziesmum Posted - 15/04/2011 : 15:02:04
Mine are bagged and dated then filled in with their records.
Invalid User Posted - 15/04/2011 : 14:41:48
Mine all get thrown away now!
uma and bill Posted - 15/04/2011 : 14:11:54
We have ours in sandwhich bags with names and dates on at the min but was on about getting a scrapbook.
gingerpony Posted - 15/04/2011 : 13:56:14
i used to hang them up, gathering dust, and i wanted to do an 'alternative christmas tree' with sheds instead or tinsel but have never remembered at christmastime yet lol

now i file them under 'BIN'
scubadude Posted - 15/04/2011 : 13:51:57
I laminate the first sheds from all mine.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000