The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 HELP! LOST CORN!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tangoandmouse Posted - 08/04/2011 : 22:21:22
I need help! i came back today to find that my corn snake has escaped from his viv. I know to look for dark and warm areas which i have checked! I can't seem to find him...i have checked from shoes to boxes from my wardrobe to under my bed! What should i do? Is there anything i can do? please help me!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Strawb Posted - 10/04/2011 : 21:07:13
I don't want to worry you, but I originally got my corn because it tried to get into someone's house, and he wasn't the snake's owner.
Although unlikely, it could possibly end up in one of your neighbours.
Years ago in England I had a corn that escaped and it turned up in my bed between the covers.
I hope he turns up soon.
Thante Posted - 09/04/2011 : 20:58:02
I've never lost my two luckily. From what i've heard they rarely leave the house they have escaped in, there are too many warm places to hid. Good luck, keep us posted on if you find him.
Newbie Posted - 09/04/2011 : 19:47:38
Good luck! x
tangoandmouse Posted - 09/04/2011 : 18:40:31
Thankyou so so much for your comments and advice! You have helped calm me down ..a little anyways! THANKYOU!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 09/04/2011 : 18:18:15
I lost my snake when he was just a hatchie. He got out of his faun in my bedroom and i found a shed skin downstairs in the sitting room the following week! He turned up after a month. Hope you find yours!
kdlang Posted - 09/04/2011 : 00:06:24
Rule number 1 - Don't panic. Easier said than done I know but so many corns have gone missing only to turn up a few days later. A few have left it several months before reappearing but they are very hardly creatures.
My Carmellia escaped just before Christmas. My fault, I had left her viv open after I had changed her water. I can only blame extreme tiredness from several nights of only 4 hours sleep. Anyway, she escaped just after we moved house and my bedroom looked like a furniture warehouse. I put down water bowls and sprinkled flour down particularly in my bedroom doorway in case she made her way onto the landing where it was only floorboards, no carpet. I tried a bottle trap as well but there was no sign of her. Then a couple of days later, i walked into my bedroom to see her climbing up the assault course of a pile of drawers stacked on top of each other. I felt so lucky that she made an appearance as there was no way I would have been able to find her in that bedroom.

Read the linky Lotabob posted and good luck. Keep the hope going that he will turn up at some point. Just make sure you check all washing before putting it in the washing machine and all bins before emptying them.
lotabob Posted - 08/04/2011 : 22:27:37
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12170

Its all in there.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000