The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 HI

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
uma and bill Posted - 07/04/2011 : 20:42:57
Have just been to the snake shop and seen a lovely blood red, i have been told i can keep him with my other baby male but im not sure can i have some advice before i tell him yes or no tom please?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 11/04/2011 : 08:42:05
I'm with GP, boa love is sweeping over me!!
gingerpony Posted - 11/04/2011 : 07:06:46
depends entirely on the sub-species so can vary from 3ft to 10ft*
i've never really enjoyed small snakes, i bought my first few corns as adults and absolutely hate dealing with a multitude of hatchies lol that's why we've sold the majority of our breeding stock, so Boa Love, for me, was inevitable!!
uma and bill Posted - 10/04/2011 : 21:42:43
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

''Hello, I'm a Boa, you'll want one of my brothers or sisters soon''.

Thats a lovely Boa, how big do they grow to?
lotabob Posted - 10/04/2011 : 09:22:27
''Hello, I'm a Boa, you'll want one of my brothers or sisters soon''.
uma and bill Posted - 10/04/2011 : 08:45:16
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

just wait till you start looking at boas.........

Oh dont i already spotted them they are gorgeous and i like the blood red ones or the dark browns
gingerpony Posted - 09/04/2011 : 08:11:45
just wait till you start looking at boas.........
uma and bill Posted - 09/04/2011 : 00:48:43
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by uma and bill

Thanks im really going to look into RUBS cos i really want a blood red and Steve thanks to a pic on here wants a Butter corn so looks like we might have to get somewhere just for us to live and keep snakes here

Was that my butter by any chance? lol

I warn you, it's never ending. I really have to stop now but almost everyday I see another snake and think, wow, I need one of them!!

It prob was yours, you have some lovely corns and Iknow what you mean everytime i go into a shop i want another one
gingerpony Posted - 08/04/2011 : 19:54:16
ADDICT!!!!

Invalid User Posted - 08/04/2011 : 19:40:29
quote:
Originally posted by uma and bill

Thanks im really going to look into RUBS cos i really want a blood red and Steve thanks to a pic on here wants a Butter corn so looks like we might have to get somewhere just for us to live and keep snakes here

Was that my butter by any chance? lol

I warn you, it's never ending. I really have to stop now but almost everyday I see another snake and think, wow, I need one of them!!
uma and bill Posted - 08/04/2011 : 19:25:37
Mole Posted - 08/04/2011 : 12:36:03
Hi and what a dilema, I would go with the advice on getting yourself a rub, just read a thread earlier where 2 baby corns in a rub together and the big one ate the little one then regurged it cause it was too big. There are also loads of stuff in the DIY section which gives great options for expanding your snake collection with limited space so get reading so you can get the little one soon good luck

just to correct, the link that k posted above dohh!!
gingerpony Posted - 08/04/2011 : 07:00:33
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b09_0litre.php

the 9l is just an example and is a size we use for juveniles, they come in a variety of sizes suitable for hatchie corns to adult boas!
Kehhlyr Posted - 07/04/2011 : 23:54:06
This is also a perfect example of the risks with co-habiting small snakes: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5175

It's worth a read.
lotabob Posted - 07/04/2011 : 23:25:12
A RUB is a really useful box, its a brand of plastic giant tupperware type boxes with handles that lock the lid down. Snakes don't really care about what they are kept in as long as it provides them the environment they need and is secure (they will escape even even a quarter chance let alone half of one. I setup 2, 18 litre rubs (big ones) and fully kitted them with hides, branches and foliage for £70 but you could do it for much less if you make your own hides and foliage is beneficial but optional.
uma and bill Posted - 07/04/2011 : 23:03:23
what are rubs i have a snake in a viv and one in a faun but once i get him into a viv im abit short on space.
gingerpony Posted - 07/04/2011 : 22:52:39
and they don't take up a lot of space..........
Mort13 Posted - 07/04/2011 : 22:47:08
I totally agree with lotabob. RUB's are so cheap too!
lotabob Posted - 07/04/2011 : 22:35:27
Its a perfect excuse to expand your collection with another faun/rub setup.
uma and bill Posted - 07/04/2011 : 22:27:11
Thanku for your advice, i had a good read through the thread and as much as i liked the blood red corn i couldnt forgive myself if it went wrong.
gingerpony Posted - 07/04/2011 : 21:56:07
really wouldn't advise it.........somebody's just trying to make a sale.............

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000