The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Best place for new corn?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:13:26
Where's the best place to put my new snake when I get her at the weekend - in my living room or in my dining room where she'll not be disturbed by noise, my 2 cats and the usual coming and going?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 05/04/2011 : 20:54:42
Mine are in the living room though when theypoopon their heat mat you will be very glad if they are in a room that you dont spend a lot of time in.
NikkiLian Posted - 05/04/2011 : 20:38:27
I've kept all of mine in the living room and have had no problems, even with 2 cats and 3 young kids running around. Although this weekend I decided to evict the kids toys from the playroom so I now have my own snake room but thats purely because of space ~ i've gone from 1 to 6 snakes in a year! It now means I have room for twice as many snakes! I think it depends on how many snakes you plan to keep, if you can fit them in your living room then go for it but if you plan on owning lots of snakes ( we all know you can never stop at one or two!) then you may find it easier to put them in another room. Like everyone else said; personal choice really!
Newbie Posted - 05/04/2011 : 17:19:33
Vin lives in the spare room, I wanted him to have peace while he settled, but I have to admit he still dislikes too much movement around the faun at 6 months old, so that may be due to me letting him have a quiet room to himself! Foiled by my own plan! lol
Mort13 Posted - 05/04/2011 : 16:41:53
Both Loki and Falcor went straight in my living room and I've had no issues at all.
Ailsa Posted - 05/04/2011 : 13:07:25
I was just thinking that as you should leave them for a week before handling them I thought she'd be better to start with in there with me coming and going to change her water, say hello etc and then move her to the living room. Just don't want to cause any further stress is all - first snake and want to make sure i do things right by the snakey lol
Red123 Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:58:01
It has be your own choice but when I got my hatchlings I felt that as I wanted them to live in the living room it was pointless to let them settle in a quiet room then have to move them into a noisy room. I felt it would just unsettle them again. I have to say my two 7 month olds are almost bomb proof not at all bothered by movment around them and the cats lay and watch them through the viv glass as one of their vivs is on the floor. I get the same reaction when i have them out they are not bothered by the cats moving around them or the dog if any thing they are very interested in whats going on. The two youngest ones I have had for about 3 weeks now and they were used to living in a bedroom which is where they were hatched. Already they come out in the evenings and watch the cats and us moving around and are not to bothered by it. Our adult corn came from a home that had children and other pets and it had been kept ina busy part fo the house so he also settled quickly. I always make a point now of only buying hatchlings or if its an adult I would only buy one that has been kept in a family room as i imagine it could be very stressful for a snake to be moved into a noisey room if it was used to being kept in a reptile room. But this is just my opinion.
crazy JJ Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:55:13
its completly up to you, i personally dont i just put mine in the living room and there fine (except for a grumpy king :D)
but its proberly better for them to be in a quieter place to start with and let them settle but as i said mine were fine, i just didnt handle them for the first few days to a week (norm a week i may add) and all my corns are fine so all in all upto you.
Invalid User Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:50:43
Mine are also in the living room.
Ailsa Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:46:05
So do you think I should have her in the living room and not a quiet room as she settles in?
Red123 Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:36:28
All of mine are in the living room, its quite a busy room as its the only room downsatirs other than a kitchen diner. This is the room I wanted them to be in so I could sit and watch them in the evenings so thought it best to start as I mean to go on. They don't seem bothered by the noise of us moving around or the T.V because they have grown up with it. I think (in my opinion) it is easier for a hatchling to get used to this than an adult that has perhaps been kept in a very quiet room.
crazy JJ Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:32:27
most of mine are in the living room and a couple in bedroom (mums) i also have 2 cats one doesnt care and the other would lets say have fun if one escapes :D (which has not happened as of yet)

but as g says all upto personal prefrence :)
Ailsa Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:28:19
maybe putting her in dining room until she settles in then
gmac Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:26:37
personal choice really, although may be best to let it settle where there is less traffic and get used to the new surroundings.

All of mine are kept in the living room though

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000