The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Best Second Snake for Beginner

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 02/04/2011 : 21:22:12
What do you think is the best second snake for a beginner? Not even got my first corn yet and am thinking about 2 snakes lol
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Strawb Posted - 04/04/2011 : 20:54:36
What ever you choose to have Ailsa, have a look in the animal homes and for the unwanted snakes. There are plenty of them and it's always nice to give an unloved snake a loving home.
Invalid User Posted - 04/04/2011 : 19:22:00
Depends what you class as big but brbs do get quite big, females can anyway.

Mine is a real softie, never nipped at all even though they seem to have a nippy reputation when young.
vivtastic Posted - 04/04/2011 : 19:03:54
Always fancied a Brazilian Rainbow Boa they dont grow to big and seem to tame down quite well if you put the time in, it seems to be critical that you get the humidity correct but this should not present too many issues. Have a look on Youtube there are some great vids about them.

Kindest regards

Vivtastic
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2011 : 22:28:48
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I said 2 too, then when I got 2 I got another 1. Seen a MBK vid & pics (Thanks Sta-ple) and it has kick started an old want for one.

You've always wanted one. I saw your welcome topic on tks. And you haven't got one yet?? Disgraceful!

I'd love more but I think 5 will be it for the mean time... unless I can convince someone to give me a lift to "visit" a pretty little milk snake XD

I can see why the protest with chickens, if he prides his garden!
Ailsa Posted - 03/04/2011 : 22:02:26
oh I don't understand his protest at chickens lol but rabbits nah they're horrible, only place rabbits should be is the dinner plate lol
Lucy1012 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:48:17
mine will have to stop at 2 else my husband may well move out, he agreed to our first dog (who is now 7) a Boxer, then i got a cat (he doesn't like cats) Then my dad died so i bought home another cat, which helped a lot, then the girls got gerbils, one of which died so that was replaced with a hamster, then we took on my sister in laws Ridgeback, then annie had to have her tonsils removed and i bribed her with a fish tank, and now we have Luna... I really don't understand his protest to my getting chickens and a rabbit lol
lotabob Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:37:52
I said 2 too, then when I got 2 I got another 1. Seen a MBK vid & pics (Thanks Sta-ple) and it has kick started an old want for one.
Ailsa Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:29:15
Think I'm really wanting 2 snakes because I think it would be good having 2, got 2 cats so why not 2 snakes lol
Lucy1012 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:24:42
I figured i need a 2nd snake as i miss luna when she has her 48hrs off from being with me in the evenings ;-) my excuse and sticking to it.. my Royal will be called Eclipse lol Roll on the end of the summer...
lotabob Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:18:34
Then you'll be fine with a royal they can try your patience.
Lucy1012 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:17:50

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy1012

looking through, i think i have my heart set on a royal, just a normal nothing fancy... I have a name thought out, just need to wait for the babies to be hatched and get feeding (sometime towards the end of the year then lol)

Yey, Royals are lovely, one question for you first though, are you a calm person?

depends who you ask
but generally i am a patient person, and take every day as it comes.. so pretty chilled...
lotabob Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:15:04
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy1012

looking through, i think i have my heart set on a royal, just a normal nothing fancy... I have a name thought out, just need to wait for the babies to be hatched and get feeding (sometime towards the end of the year then lol)

Yey, Royals are lovely, one question for you first though, are you a calm person?
Strawb Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:14:38
I've got a cali king and she is a real character, has a great temperament and is always mellow. Down side, she craps a lot.
My personal choice would probably be a royal. That's only from my short experience with Tia. She's slow and easy to handle and best of all she only poos every now and then and that's always on a tile under a hide (easy to clean )
I haven't experienced it yet, but the only real downside can be the fussy eating.
I'd love a boa, but I think my better half would put her foot down.
Lucy1012 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 21:12:07
Newbie Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:35:47
I'm after a BRB as my second :-)
crazy JJ Posted - 03/04/2011 : 13:15:58
Kings and boa's are best :D :D (not that i have a boa... yet..)
lotabob Posted - 03/04/2011 : 12:00:00
I love MBKs, (Mexican Black Kingsnakes) the shop a frequent will have some in a few weeks and I will be going and having a look, unfortunately I have a spare RUB setup and will find it very hard to not bring one home as I have made myself a pledge to not get any snakes until after July.
Mamma Posted - 03/04/2011 : 11:27:52
im gettin my 2nd in a couple of weeks.... a black mexican kingsnake
gmac Posted - 03/04/2011 : 01:55:49
BRB is a brazilian rainbow boa, BCI is a common boa constricor
Laws Posted - 03/04/2011 : 01:20:11
can u tell me what BRB's are BCI's and there are a few more , i kno bmk is black mexican kingsnake....but the rest baffle me? lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000