The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Thanks on weight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Spider Posted - 30/03/2011 : 09:32:25
Thanks for all the replys. I was feeding her 1 large mouse every week, what do you think i should feed her and how often and should i notice the weight loss happening qiuckly or not.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 30/03/2011 : 09:58:04
1 large every 4 weeks helped my boy loose about 200g in a year. Every 2 weeks on a large and your just maintaining weight that is already there. If you wanted to feed every two weeks maybe something like a small mouse would work better. 1 large every 2 weeks is a normal feeding schedule for some corns so it won't help loose weight.

You then just can really only weigh after each shed as it's the only really accurate way your going to know if he looses weight or not, weekly weighs are pointless. Weight will drop off fast to start with in the first few months and then it will slow down. My guy slowed down after a year so I've had to start feeding 1 medium every 4 weeks now, hopefully weight loss will happen better again for him like this.
lotabob Posted - 30/03/2011 : 09:44:14
I would move to every 2 weeks and keep the food size the same, monitor her weight over a month and if its still climbing or not dropping then reduce the food size down 1 size, monitor again for a month weighing before a feed and hopefully she'll start to shed the extra pounds.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000