The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Building a vivarium...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AliciaRose Posted - 30/03/2011 : 00:06:29
Hey guys.
So i'm building a vivarium for Mitch and just wanted to ask a question.
Is it okay to use perspex as the front?
Sorry if i'm asking stupid questions, I just want to know if it holds in heat well and is it easily broken?
Dont want Mitch escaping!
The viv will be 2 feet 4 inches, do you think it will be okay for him when he's fully grown?
He's only about a foot long at the moment lol
Any advice appreciated, thanks guys :)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jimspook Posted - 30/03/2011 : 13:35:33
Reading this thread has got me agitated, my corn is easily the length by the depth of her faun. Will she be alright in there until I can get the larger setup? Will put her straight into a three footer when I move in the next couple of months
Red123 Posted - 30/03/2011 : 13:31:13
Another one of those questions and answers. Needs to be a 3ft viv as 2ft is too small, a 50ltr RUB is smaller than a 3ft viv though!
AliciaRose Posted - 30/03/2011 : 11:22:55
The viv will be a foot deep. I'm starting to think the guy in the reptile shop lied to me lol, he said I would only need a 2 foot viv if Mitch got to 4 feet because they dont like huge places. I cant even adjust it now because its practically finished, just the perspex needs to go in, but whatever happens it will last Mitch a couple of years so its not all bad. Then I can keep it for when I get my next snake
Thanks guys
Mort13 Posted - 30/03/2011 : 08:00:34
In general 3 foot is the minimum recommended size. Although if the viv is particularly deep you may be ok. The general rule is that once the snakes the same size as the length and depth of his viv to move him up to a larger one so you may find you need to get a bigger viv in time.
lotabob Posted - 30/03/2011 : 00:14:22
A two foot vivarium usually does a snake until its 3 foot (providing its a foot deep). An adult corn averages about 4 feet so probably won't be its final home.
a33272 Posted - 30/03/2011 : 00:13:48
3 ft will be better but how deep u making it?? i used perspex in a few i made with out problems other than scratch marks from cleaning

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000