The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 hiding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scott1102 Posted - 17/03/2011 : 13:08:13
Hi all, My baby corn keeps burying herself in her aspen bedding constantly. Yesterday i checked through out the day and she was in the exact same spot buried ALL DAY, not moved an inch. Over the last few weeks shes been acting like this. She used to bury but then would reappear but now she just stays there (i know shes still alive because i get her out lol)

Im thinking maybe she doesnt feel safe anymore? as shes growing and her home isnt. I have her in one of those exo terra Flat Faunarium Large things. Her last shed was 2 weeks ago and it measured roughly 44cm long from head to tail. Dont know exactly her age, got her in november time and im sure the shop said she was 8 weeks old when i got her. so still a baby.

Is it because of that? or is something else at play here?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lrv2307 Posted - 17/03/2011 : 16:14:13
its normal hatchy behaver, my hatchy did it, and she may feel colder to you, as the body temp is lower

she will move to the warm side if she gets cold
lotabob Posted - 17/03/2011 : 16:08:47
Don't worry about the hiding its not a problem at all. Just double check your temperatures if you are always finding her in the cold end.
scott1102 Posted - 17/03/2011 : 14:46:15
Shes burying on the cold side, when i get her out to handle shes absolutly freezing (i mean i know there cold blooded but shes arctic
lotabob Posted - 17/03/2011 : 13:22:18
Its nothing to worry about its just what snakes do. Is she hiding on the hot side, if so she may be burying down for the heat cos she's cold.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000