The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Sorry guys.. this one is about rub stacks..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LynneM_212 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 14:08:31
Hi again guys,

I bet i'm really anoying you now keep asking questions but i have been looking allday !!

Where can you get rub stacks from ?? and should they be wood or plastic??

I dont think my dad will be prepared to build me one any time soon i shouldnt think, i could try but i doubt it, so is there any where you can buy them from etc??

Really do appreciate your help :)
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 16/03/2011 : 17:58:09
Nice list!
LynneM_212 Posted - 16/03/2011 : 16:51:23
Hahha i know what a result!!! I cant believe it!!

Ive decided i would like a
house snake
hog nose snake
garter snakes
egg eating snake
king snake :)

researched them all..... and lots more to do..

awww that sucks :( grow up quickly children :)
Mort13 Posted - 16/03/2011 : 13:24:07
quote:
Originally posted by LynneM_212

Good news guys,my dad just said when my sister moves out (we will have a free room) i could get more snakes os i said 4 and he said 8.... i didnt disagree, i can build up over time, and home lots more snakes and make them happy WHAT A RESULT, i better start making a wish list :)

Wow,how jammy are you!
I've got to wait till my kids have moved out so I'm in for a long wait lol!
LynneM_212 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 20:35:05
Good news guys,my dad just said when my sister moves out (we will have a free room) i could get more snakes os i said 4 and he said 8.... i didnt disagree, i can build up over time, and home lots more snakes and make them happy WHAT A RESULT, i better start making a wish list :)
LynneM_212 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 17:31:28
wow mike, pro racks are sooo expensive, ive been looking at a guys website based near london who makes them, different sizes etc, wooden so like you said... and for an 8 rack 50 l its 125 pound sooo much cheaper ... not that i need 8 i would only like 4 ... well until ive had more experience and have a house of my own to fill them up with lol
LynneM_212 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 17:20:22
Yea, im just thinking space wise as they are in my bedroom, Kclaice is far from being big enough to move up to a bigger rub, but once my room moves round i will have no where to put them but on the floor which i dont want to do, so i was thinking if i were to get a rub stack to fit 4 50l rubs in... i could keep khcalice there still as she would have plenty of spaace, but then i could fit valentine in to, and then over time home another 2 as i still realllly would love a san fransisco garter snake :) and it would just save so much space :)
Invalid User Posted - 15/03/2011 : 16:59:49
quote:
Originally posted by LynneM_212

ohhh i see louise that is cool, how do you thermostat them all though ?? do you really have one for each rub ??

Not for each rub no. I have 2 thermostats. 1 running at 28-30c for the corns and brb and another running at 30-33 for the king and royal plus the boas later. Because I use heat strips rather than mats it means I don't have loads of mats plugged into one stat. For example, the rubs on the top of the unit are all on one 4ft heat strip.

As Mike said, a rack is not needed though unless you have quite a few snakes. I jus needed to make one as my collection grew
mikerichards Posted - 15/03/2011 : 16:49:45
Rub stacks are a great way of saving space, but you only really need to go down that road if you have a lot of animals, having ten vivs for example takes up vast amounts of space. I have ten, that's a lot of space, but I also have 3 racks, very handy! Most racks are either made to order or cannibalised out of something like a tv unit or wardrobe, purpose built are expensive, look at pro racks for example.
LynneM_212 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 16:49:06
ohhh i see louise that is cool, how do you thermostat them all though ?? do you really have one for each rub ??
Invalid User Posted - 15/03/2011 : 16:19:18
I used a tv unit!

See this thread :) I don't have the glass tank now but I have another large rub in it's place.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15071&SearchTerms=pics+of+my+rack
Oh How Original Posted - 15/03/2011 : 14:44:44
There is a guy on RFUK who does them, and quite cheap, he makes them solid back out of wood.
They are quite good.
I just personally don't like snakes in RUB stacks, but it's personal choice.
You might want to try on there as their is a few more people who make stacks etc...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000