The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 New snake :)... thought id start new thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LynneM_212 Posted - 14/03/2011 : 17:07:05
Hi again guys,

thought i would start a new thread as not sure how many would read other one now...

So im deff getting valentine at the weekend....

He is 3 years old and 4ft long..... apparently he lives in a large glass tank at the moment??

Will it be ok to change him into a rub, if the tank is to big for my room at the moment (as im going to havea change round soon to fit some vivs in in the future)

and if so what L rub would you recommend for a 4ft corny??

Lastly ... IM SOOO EXCITED SHES GORGEOUS :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Strawb Posted - 15/03/2011 : 20:33:30
My dad was also scared of my corn snake I had many years ago.
When I used to take him out for exercise (my snake, not my dad) my dad would say "Oh! Worm's out" from the safety of the next room. Big Jessie.
gingerpony Posted - 15/03/2011 : 10:47:32
you can still see them and them see out of the standard RUBs so they get enough daylight to know when it's day or night, if you're just using a RUB (ie. not in an enclosed rack) i'd recommend covering 3 sides just like you would with a glass tank so they don't feel exposed or insecure.
the lids clip down securely and although there's air gaps where the lid sits on top a juvie or adult can't escape, though i have known youngsters get out of the air gaps in 4l RUBs!!
LynneM_212 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 09:15:53
ohh and they deff cant get out of these can they?? my dad is scared of snakes and he is convinced it will be strong and get out haha he is sooo funny...

when i got kchalice he was like i will prefer her when she is big as she looks like a worm (what an insult lol) and then when i mentioned about taking this one on and sent him a picture, he was liek wow its a beast i dont want that escaping ... so he was just talking the talk before about kcahlice getting bigger lol
LynneM_212 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 09:07:20
Ohhh cool thanks, i was like i have nooo idea, and if its going from a large tank... then id go for the 64l :) as i dont want to shock it, i will keep it in glass tank (if it fits where i need it) but if not a need a B plan.... does it not bother snakes where they live then as long as its not 2 big ?? and does it dot bother them, if they cant see out properly... because are the clear ones properly see through ??

Thanks for your help gingerpony, you are a life saver :)
gingerpony Posted - 15/03/2011 : 08:55:29
33l at a push, 50l is adequate, 64l is a palace

all the above have the same floor space it's just the height that varies
LynneM_212 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 08:15:33
awww thanks :), cant believe no one can help me on rub size dam dam dam dont know what to do :S
thistle Posted - 14/03/2011 : 18:13:31
Sorry can't help you with rub size, but just wanted to say congratulations!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000