The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bad Mood

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andrew.1994 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 10:33:45
i have a 8 month old corn who i regularly handle and he has never struck at me and i just when to handle him and he was very defensive then started rattling his tail so i left him what do i do when i next go to handle him?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 09/03/2011 : 14:15:17
definitely could be hungry if he's only on pinkies!

kdlang - i'll text you now hun
andrew.1994 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 13:24:43
ok thanks for the help everyone :)
kdlang Posted - 09/03/2011 : 13:17:37
If he does rattle his tail, just carry on and get him out regardless. If he knows that by rattling and attempting to strike at you that you will back off, he will do it even more. Just keep going in confidently and if you sort out his feeding as mike suggested then I'm sure he will be fine again soon
andrew.1994 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 12:54:15
ok im going to my local pet shop on friday i will try him on the thanks for the advice its appreciated :)
mikerichards Posted - 09/03/2011 : 12:25:03
The feeding isn't right, who ever told you to do that is wrong, unless he is skinny and underweight!
Try him on fluffs, one every 7 days to begin with, you will find he grows better on them.
andrew.1994 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 11:59:17
Haha lol rather you than me although saying that im looking at getting a boa lol he is about 26 inches and is eating 3 pinkies every 7 days thats what the person i bought him told me to do and he isn't showing any signs of shed i think he was just in a bad mood lol
gingerpony Posted - 09/03/2011 : 11:14:28
how big is he and how often and what is he feeding on?
a hungry corn can be a p***ed off corn!!
alternatively he could be in blue (due to shed) when their eye sight isn't great
or maybe you just startled him?

and remember, it could be worse, it could be a very p'ed off 7ft boa like we had last night lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000