The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Temp gauge grrrrr and first shed yeey!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LynneM_212 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 08:14:56
Hey guys especially louise!!!

This temp thing is doing my nut in !!

So ive got everything i need and my temperature gauge has died... i have literally had it about 3 -4 weeks and it cost about a tenner!!

so wanted to know what make you guys used as i bought an exo terra one ?? which ones are good,

also i noticed Kchalice last night seem a bit pale... ok quite pale.... i think she may be going into shed... shes an amel so i know i cant tell my the eyes, but by the looks of her head especially she looked sooo pale ... so am going to keep and eye on her and hope her first shed with me all goes well .... i would say im excited ... but im not ... im sooo nervous she wont shed all in one !!!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LynneM_212 Posted - 10/03/2011 : 08:42:06
Ohhh wish i had ordered the dual probe one, but the one most of you use will be fine, i cant believe i spent that amount of money for it to be as tempramental as it was... so dissapointed!!

as for the shed, i checked on her again last night, she is deff going into shed gradually, i took a pic of her to compare, and its mainly her head and front end that are pale at the moment, its hard to tell with the back end as she quite light there any way, but i did notice her eyes were very clouded last night and she was a bit more alert when i looked in her cave so.... fingers crossed... its started :)
Mort13 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 23:56:15
The one I have for Loki and Falcor is an Exoterra and only works properly if the battery cover is removed. Screen goes blank other wise. Means I have to plop it on the top of the viv as theres no back on it for me to be able to fix it to the front of the viv.
Needless to say I've ordered the dual probe Lucky Rep ones for the new snakes.
lotabob Posted - 09/03/2011 : 19:56:48
The exoterra ones are a bit tempremental, I dropped mine once and the screen went blank, I kust rubbed the screen with a bit of pressure and it kicked back to life though they are ridiculously expensive for such a flimsy badly built thing.
MrsA82 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 16:02:40
Yeah I use those ones on some of mine. Also use this one as it's dual probed, so does both ends.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lucky-Reptile-Thermometer-Delux-Digital-LTH-31-/260431510214?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item3ca2ed7ac6

Also my amel was my first to shed. She went very light and almost looked softer?? If that makes sense. Her eyes also went blue after few days of looking milky.
Sta~ple Posted - 09/03/2011 : 10:31:50
quote:
Originally posted by LynneM_212

Ohh ok so you both like these!!! hey that is sooo cheap compared to the one i got im going tog et it now... no neither of you have had problems with these... with the suction cups how did you get that through the tiny little hole ??

with this on i cut it so i could get the wire out and put it in when needed ??

I've had no problems although they are the only digi thermometer I have used but it's been almost a year now and they are still running fine.

One suction cup is already threaded though the wire when you get it so I just licked and stuck in on my heatmat so the probes don't move about as much ^^
LynneM_212 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 10:10:07
wow i have just looked on my ebay and the last one the exo terra digital thermo cost me £9!!!! core should of got this one you just recommended sooner!! lol 3.78 HOW CHEAP !!
LynneM_212 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 10:04:38
Ohh ok so you both like these!!! hey that is sooo cheap compared to the one i got im going tog et it now... no neither of you have had problems with these... with the suction cups how did you get that through the tiny little hole ??

with this on i cut it so i could get the wire out and put it in when needed ??
Sta~ple Posted - 09/03/2011 : 09:54:52
quote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/230584834422
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330515528997

I love these so much XD think it's the suction cups lol
LynneM_212 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 09:49:16
I know i had a look last night as i was trying to see whats wrong with the temp gauge, and i was like hey she look really dull coloured compared to noraml, my mum and dad were like yesss!!! and i was like ohhh no im sooo nervous !!! but hopefulyl she will be fine, and i cant wait to be able to measure her properly, i know i need to watch out for the eye caps and the tail, and i know a few trciks off reading loads of posts of ehre to help her if she doesnt shed properly :)

I am hoping she will still let me hold her as i do miss holding her the 2 days after she has eaten !! sad i know lol!!!

Well it was fine when i first got it the last couple of weeks ive gone in and its said 19 degrees or somethign stupid like that ive wiggled the wire and its said 27....!! strange thing, last night it said something like 30 but the thermo was set to 27 n a bit and so i wiggled the wire again and it completly switched off!! yea it is a didgital thermometre!!

I really dont care how much it costs im just fed up of being worreid abotu ehr and the temps i just want it sorted now !!

and oohhh i love that idea louise... so turn the themo to full... wait for it to get to 28 degree and set it to wherever that point is when it clicks off !!1 brill idea, im deff gonna do this one tonight !!! :) also good news... Kchalise had her first fuzzie monday if i havent already said, i prob have as i get sooo over excited about her !! lol
Invalid User Posted - 09/03/2011 : 08:53:30
Hey!

First shed is nerve wracking! I think I posted loads on here when Nimbus, my first corn shed lol. She will probably be fine and do a great job on her own without any help. She may be a bit grumpy around this time and hide away a bit more but thats all normal. My corns tend to hide away but are still happy to be held and don't seem to get the shedding grumps!

Right, with the temp gauge, im guessing you are reffering to a digital theremometer? Can I ask what makes you think it's broken? Has it stopeed working or is is showing crazy temps? I just get these and they work great for me http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330515528997 you can probably get them cheaper but I order in bulk and it's fast delivery so it suits me.

Also with your thermostat, ignore the temps on that, the dial is useless and you need to set the temps using the thermometer (sorry if you know this but thought it worth mentioning) Best thing is to turn the stat up full, watch the digital thermometer and when it reaches the right temp, around 28c, turn the thermostat dial until it clicks off. Keep an eye for a little while as you may need to make a few more small adjustments. According to my thermostats, they are set at 32c but the thermometers read 28-30c.
Kehhlyr Posted - 09/03/2011 : 08:45:59
If you had it that short a time, I'd take the thing back for a refund if it's stopped working that quickly.

I know some people use these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/230584834422 I use some that are very similar.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000