The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 confirmation on colour morph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 07/03/2011 : 22:32:07
not sure about all morphs , would u agree kyle is a Crimson?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tehbunneh Posted - 08/03/2011 : 15:03:58
All of them! From head to tail X3
Laws Posted - 08/03/2011 : 13:52:56
yup hes def hard to figure out! and by saddles u mean by the head? xx
tehbunneh Posted - 08/03/2011 : 12:57:23
Crimsons seem to have a very thin amount of black around the saddles. Boy, he's a difficult one to pinpoint!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 08/03/2011 : 07:36:38
In those pics he does look like a crimson to me, but clearer ones may prove me wrong.
Laws Posted - 07/03/2011 : 23:12:51
there is no black on him anywhere , his belly is pale with squarish markings , its hard to see atm as he is about to shed and is going slightly dull , but def not a speck of black and nice deep red markings . i will have to post some more pics when he has shed for sure . he is gorgeous tho and very tame :) im eyeing up getting a motley of some sort as i love the markings on them , held a reverse okeetee today too but too much white i think would like somethin diff to kyle xx
tehbunneh Posted - 07/03/2011 : 23:06:23
And he definitely has black markings? That would rule out all the amel based breeds. He is starting to sound like a straight carolina to me, but that would depend on his age! Young carolinas are very contrasted with amazingly bright orange between their saddles, whereas the crimsons start off life very differently. He's a lovely little chap though, whatever he turns out to be!
Laws Posted - 07/03/2011 : 22:49:22
hey thanks for looking , we hav only had him a week so will get some better pics on here when we can handle him abit more . another person who looked in a diff pet store said he seemed abit carolina , his markings are deep red , and background lighter yellowy /caramels i think x
tehbunneh Posted - 07/03/2011 : 22:39:58
A crimson is a selectively bred Hypo-Miami, according to http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/hypomiami/, and looking at yours, his background colour almost seems too yellow to be a crimson, as theirs seem to stay a more consistant white-ish grey, though I could be wrong. The photos need to be clearer, I think for any sort of definitive answer. Yours also has orange spots, but the looks of it, between his saddles, which is something you see in your average everyday Carolina hatchies. He could be just a straight Hypo, but I really can't tell from these images.

Get some clearer images, and I'm sure the morph gurus here will set you straight ^^

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000