The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 setting up a dimmer stat/bulb question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikeyd_26 Posted - 03/03/2011 : 21:17:27
next week im moving one of my hogg island boas from a rub to a viv and only ever having used heat mats and mat stats was wondering, how do u keep an eye on the tempreture correctly? were would i put the probes for the thermometer and stat?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 03/03/2011 : 21:33:02
You'll be amazed with the accuracy of a dimmer if you've only used amt-stats, I have my dimmers set to a temp and they fluctuate if you open the door or if your snake decides to sit on the probe but nothing else.

They are really easy to setup and with the proper dial on them its so easy to make minor adjustments. Just put yout thermoeter probe and stat probe together with a rubber band, sit them directly under the bulb and plug it in. Job done. The only thing you need to make sure of is that the probes are directly in the middle of the hotspot and aren't shaded or obstructed in any way.

The snakes will sit on them from time to time and the probes will read their body temp instead but once they heat up they move.
mikeyd_26 Posted - 03/03/2011 : 21:24:06
ta very much! lol pretty straight forward then!
gmac Posted - 03/03/2011 : 21:20:34
same place as you would for a mat, but on the substrate below the bulb.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000