The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Got a call from the SSPCA today....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 19:53:44
to ask if I could rehome a cornsnake that had been found in a removals van in Aberdeen.

Apparently the snake hadn't been reported missing after the move and had been in there for nearly 2 weeks before it surfaced and was found by the shocked driver.

Anyway, the driver rang the woman who's snake it was, told her he'd found her snake, and she told him to "just keep it" because she didn't want it anymore.

So, he rang the SSPCA, they rang me, came round this afternoon and gave me the snake. Very nice normal in good condition. "She" has been named Vanessa (get it?)

Some people though.... fancy leaving your snake with a stranger with zero knowledge about snakes, just because you aren't interested in it anymore. Sigh.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/03/2011 : 17:44:54
Cheers all, haven't seen her since she went in her new home so I'm just leaving her to it. Will try feeding her on sunday along with the others, leave her to digest and then take some pictures.
Mort13 Posted - 03/03/2011 : 13:34:02
My God some people are so thoughtless,how hard would it have been for the woman to rehome the snake. Even if that meant taking it to a rescue or offering it for free,surely that better than leaving the snakes survival purely to chance....disgusting!
On the plus side though Vanessa (love the name) has had a real stroke of luck there being rehomed with you. Congratulations to you both.
LynneM_212 Posted - 03/03/2011 : 08:45:17
awww well its deff gone to the right person !! who will take good care of it... and not just decide that they dont want it any more !!! cannot WAIT to see pics of her :)
HannahB Posted - 02/03/2011 : 14:39:05
glad she's found a new home bless her
Kazerella Posted - 02/03/2011 : 13:16:19
At least she's found a good home now. Bet the driver's face was a picture
Katie.Dublin Posted - 02/03/2011 : 00:16:55
Awh great story SB! Its amazing though, sometimes people take the very best care of their snakes and then they go missing by an accident and are never found, despite all the searching in the world! Sounds like your new girl was either dumped, or forgotten about, and yet she decided to show up and be found! And she certainly wasn't searched for!
Anyways, im glad she got a good home, and you got a free snake:D Enjoy!
kdlang Posted - 01/03/2011 : 23:10:57
So glad she has ended up with you SB.
Sta~ple Posted - 01/03/2011 : 22:31:50
That person needs a good slap! I hate to think how they would be with children!

Poor guy :( It's nice to know you've given him a home at least. May I ask why they asked you if not being too nosey :P do you know them well?
mina0103 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 22:31:40

the driver rang the woman who's snake it was, told her he'd found her snake, and she told him to "just keep it"

makes you wonder if she just tried to dump her and didnt expect her to be found. Cruel but good for you, nice that shes now with a loving home. Glad shes ok.
CentricMalteser Posted - 01/03/2011 : 22:21:38
If I was than van driver, I would have contacted the RSPCA, but then dumped all her furniture and stuff int he van in the middle of nowhere,

she how she feels, stupid b*tch

well done for taking it in and not turning the RSPCA down, like quite a few people of this nation does because they're might be the odd thing wrong or requires special attention

I'm with you Lotabob, is disgraceful!
sparkaly Posted - 01/03/2011 : 21:24:20
Awww bless little her. Well sounds like she has surely fell on her "feet" now. Bet she has a nice comfy little home, wont be long before she settles in and has you wrapped right round your little finger LOL
herriotfan Posted - 01/03/2011 : 20:54:19
Great name! Some people are scum. Thank goodness you've got her now. Not surprised she's pretty stressed, bless her.
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 20:41:59
Cheers guys, I'll get pics up as soon as she's had a few days to settle, poor wee thing has been moved from pillar to post recently and is pretty stressed :(
KirstieCornelius Posted - 01/03/2011 : 20:38:47
Awwwww what a story, fingers crossed she'll be ok now sexybear77. Love her new name, please post piccies if you can xx
lotabob Posted - 01/03/2011 : 20:00:39
Some people make me sick the way they just cast aside an animal like that.

I'm glad it has finally found a good home though and been given a brilliant name too.
Invalid User Posted - 01/03/2011 : 19:59:46
Aww Vanessa, love it!

Well done for taking her in.

thistle Posted - 01/03/2011 : 19:59:16
Poor snake! Lucky it was found safe and well, it's still so cold at nights at the moment.

Well done for giving Vanessa a good home, she deserves it after what she's been through.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000