The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 CANT DECIDE!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
EmmaJayne Posted - 10/01/2011 : 23:41:39
Right, so my plan was to get a corn snake and then wait a couple of months for my parents to get used to having it around and then start trying to convince them to let me have a royal python, but iv been looking at Cali kings and they are SOO pretty I can't decide if I want a corn or a king as my first snake!
It would be helpful if you lot can give me your opinions and maybe give me some good points and bad point about each snake as a first snake. I know corns are generally recommended gor beginners but I do animal management at college and I am used to handling and feeding all sorts of snakes.
Thanks everyone and sorry for the long post!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 11/01/2011 : 22:01:22
quote:
Originally posted by EmmaJayne

Thanks for all the replies everyone, yeah I'm leaning towards a king at the moment, I'm fine with a mischievous snake, it'll keep me on my toes lol
And yeah I would love both but my parents said only one at the moment, so once I have the snake I'm gonna wait a while and then start convincing them to let me have another :P

whatever you decide to get corn or king, they are both very similar in keeping. While I do like my kings I still wouldn't swap my corns for anything.
EmmaJayne Posted - 11/01/2011 : 19:26:29
Thanks for all the replies everyone, yeah I'm leaning towards a king at the moment, I'm fine with a mischievous snake, it'll keep me on my toes lol
And yeah I would love both but my parents said only one at the moment, so once I have the snake I'm gonna wait a while and then start convincing them to let me have another :P
gmac Posted - 11/01/2011 : 16:41:08
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by baitman

these replies have shocked me...i thought you were all gonna say corns everytime..

what is it about kings that attracts you guys.?

I think Gmac has brain washed eveyone!

I would do no such king thing well maybe a little bit
Benji54 Posted - 11/01/2011 : 13:46:19
hmmm. like everyone has said corns are very hardy and a perfect starter snake. i would say corn, but NOT because their easier to keep but because all snakes are different and i bet wotsit (my biggest corn) could give a king a run for its money in the nosy and mischievious department any day! :)

then again, my first snake was a royal so what do i know!?!
nixipixi Posted - 11/01/2011 : 12:54:40
NOOOOOOOOO corn definately! yes i am 100% biased but heck! I have been around many different snakes (but never owned until a year ago) and my lil corn is such a lovely person ( I never thought id say that about a reptile!) she even watches tv with me! definately, DEFINATELY a corny :D he he x
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/01/2011 : 12:31:57
Kings are similar to corns, but a bit more nosier and active (imo). They're a brilliant snake.
For complete novices to snakes I'd say a corn, but if you have some experience then get a king.

quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

......but kings are more entertaining if you can handle a bit of naughtyness from time to time

Naughtyness from Kings!! Completely unheard of.*

*=May be Lies
Invalid User Posted - 11/01/2011 : 11:04:32
quote:
Originally posted by baitman

these replies have shocked me...i thought you were all gonna say corns everytime..

I think Gmac has brain washed eveyone!
baitman Posted - 11/01/2011 : 10:59:18

herriotfan Posted - 11/01/2011 : 10:54:29
Where's the problem.....get both. You need them both for your career!!
Kazerella Posted - 11/01/2011 : 09:39:06
I like both kings and corns.

Corns are definitely the most user friendly, but kings are more entertaining if you can handle a bit of naughtyness from time to time
Invalid User Posted - 11/01/2011 : 07:34:31
I went for a corn first as I heard they were a great starter snake and Nimbus has not disapointed.

I am getting a King next week (fingers crossed) then getting a Royal in a March.

lrv2307 Posted - 11/01/2011 : 05:15:30
ive just got a king, also got a snow corn

my king is deff a charicter lol, feisty lil booger too lol
crazy JJ Posted - 11/01/2011 : 00:54:18
king!! and i havnt even got one.. yet.
then once ya got one ya can send me it sorted :D ;)
Oh How Original Posted - 11/01/2011 : 00:14:39
By the looks of the middle cat picture in your DP a snake will be no problem.
Jesus that things got some hellish teeth lol.
gmac Posted - 10/01/2011 : 23:54:24
because you know its the only way to go
EmmaJayne Posted - 10/01/2011 : 23:45:54
LOL I'm actually leaning that way at the moment! And how did I know you were going to say that? :P
gmac Posted - 10/01/2011 : 23:43:45
there is only one options KING SNAKE

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000