The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Squeeky Clean.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 10/01/2011 : 21:16:39
Spot just shed and finally after 2 weeks of the blues I got a hold of him and he was so shiny and clean looking, its always great to see but as he was moving he was almost resonating, do new shiny scales squeek as they move together or just over my clean hands like running your finger down a clean plate. I've felt this before but never mentioned it.

Also just for info I noticed the spot of blood at the vent of the shed skin and thanks to this site and a previous query didn't totally freak out as it has been already explained as normal. So thanks to the person I can't remember but I'm sure you'll remember.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 10/01/2011 : 23:38:24
So glad I'm not the only one with a creaky squeeky snake.
Invalid User Posted - 10/01/2011 : 23:05:53
Yup, Nimbus was exactly the same and my daughter also felt it when she held him straight after the shed.

It was like he was sort of creeky like he needed some lube lol
lotabob Posted - 10/01/2011 : 21:48:56
I really noticed it today, more than ever before so I'm guessing it must just be their scales shifting on one another. Or just maybe they need oiling, squeeky gits.
Mort13 Posted - 10/01/2011 : 21:44:03
Phew,glad I made sense lol! Its an odd feeling isn't it,I'm wondering if you notice it more as they get bigger.
lotabob Posted - 10/01/2011 : 21:24:21
Thats what I mean, feel the squeek, I know what you mean, I meant the same thing. It was such an odd thing it was difficult to explain.
Mort13 Posted - 10/01/2011 : 21:22:08
Its brill to get hold of them after they've shed isn't it. I've never heard a squeak but I've felt a squeak if you know what I mean?
God,that sounds really random!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000