The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bit gutted I think I will have to rehome Matilda.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dizzie85 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 21:19:30
Bills are going through the roof on this snake buisness!
Since We got Gollum and spent in excess of £100 I didnt have
spare thinking he came with total setup Charlie and Matilda already
had to go upstairs.
I dont think they are enjoying being up there n the setup up there isnt as efficient as the one they were in within the viv.
The heatpad isnt managing both vivs well, the digital thermomiter has gone haywire with varying temps even so they are stated I now cannot get the temp to read over 25.
In short the heatpad isnt sufficient to run both fauns up there (its much colder and they arent enclosed like they were)

I got Charlie out tonight and he rattled his tail at me... first signs the setup isn't adequete.
I dont have the funds to reset them up seperately after coughing up to sort Gollum out!
Who thought a 30pound snake could cost so much!

One snake has to go. Gollum has been through enough already he has a forever home and isnt going anywhere. Charlie was my first snake he is like one of the kids now which leaves Matilda.
I feel terrible my only other option is to house matilda and Charlie together for the next month until I can save up enough to reset up for having three snakes but I dont know how wise an idea that is?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newbie Posted - 08/01/2011 : 23:16:21
You really care about her and its shows, I hope that if I had to make a decision like this I would be as brave and self-less as you are, hope you get over this ok xx
dizzie85 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 22:39:16
I think I have someone coming to have her tomorrow. She is trying to get a lift over. in time I can set up anything for her but in reality im not being too fair am I pushing them to the side then finding myself in this situation. Ok I couldnt of forsaw it but maybe it is for the best she is a feisty lil thing though has calmoed right down and if someone had her as their only snake she would be spoilt rotten and become the best that she can be. I feel given the circumstances I am doing her a favour. Time isn't really on my side. Charlie is always out on the laptop with us, Im sure Gollum will be once he has had his settling in period but she is still a little fast to let relax like that and is got out a lot less often than Charlie so she is already at a disadvantage. Its hard but I really believe its for the greater good for her.
lucyloop Posted - 08/01/2011 : 22:29:10
Where abouts are you Dizzie?
baitman Posted - 08/01/2011 : 22:02:13
can you not get someone to "babysit" her for a month...
Mort13 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 21:43:16
Oh no,I hope you work something out so you don't have to lose Matilda. Have you got any furniture/shelving at all that you could put the fauns in/on that would enclose them more than being out in the open. Might just keep the heat in more till you can sort somat.
Fingers crossed for you.
dizzie85 Posted - 08/01/2011 : 21:38:33
Well I've advertised Matilda Free to anyone who has a heatpad digi thermomiter and a thermostat.

The viv now houses my tv we made it blend into the furniture. I never thought about adding one into the viv... But wouldnt disturbing gollum as I would have to move his viv round to fit one in there distress him more? and would he mind giving up 1ft of his 3ft viv being as he is over 4ft long? the other heatpad can heat one sufficiently but isnt managing the 2
lotabob Posted - 08/01/2011 : 21:29:53
Even divide off a section of gollums viv, just big enough to put the two fauns inside, as a temporary measure. He wont miss a small section for a month or 2
Newbie Posted - 08/01/2011 : 21:27:13
What an awful choice to have to make I really feel for you *hugs* sitting and thinking this through so much shows how much you care for the snakes, you've truly got their best interests at heart so you should be proud, really hope this works out for you xx
lotabob Posted - 08/01/2011 : 21:26:29
Awww thats terrible, I feel for you. Is there no way you can just bring them downstairs and put them on top of Gollums Viv, only temporarily until you can get another viv to put the fauns in. Get onto gumtree, and preowned etc or put out an urgent plea for a spare viv on here. Anything but rehome your little snake, I know how much you love that little naughty monster.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000