The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 FAO Everyone with a signature.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oh How Original Posted - 04/01/2011 : 15:49:33
I have noticed people have been using mybanner.com I believe it's called for signatures, it covers the forum in advertising links and makes your signatures stupid sizes.
If you would like, send me the pictures you want making signature sized with a name adding etc and I will do it for you to clean your signatures up, rid the forum of stupid advertising and make everyones signatures look all round better :).
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/01/2011 : 20:20:15
@Oh How Original.. If I added you or you add me on msn will you be able to do me a sig ? =]
Viiralannihilator[AT]hotmail.co.uk < Don't ask lol its my online gaming name =P

Cheers Woody.

edited to hinder those pesky spam bots get the full email link
nails Posted - 06/01/2011 : 20:10:29
yay all done thanks Kehhlyr
nails Posted - 06/01/2011 : 20:03:47
OHO your right i don't know how to fi it!!! But the lovely Kehhlyr has offered me some help think i need it
Oh How Original Posted - 06/01/2011 : 11:45:24
By the way, when I originally said "Wording/text makes the signatures too big"
I meant the whole area like the user "nails" for example.
If he/she doesn't quite know how to make it all fit.
It gets full of links and stuff :).
Red123 Posted - 06/01/2011 : 06:01:00
Thanks sta~ple. Is my sig ok?
tehbunneh Posted - 05/01/2011 : 23:49:59
I'm happy to help any one with graphics problems, be they coding or actual image issues ^^ I can make little banners like mine here easy peasy, so rather then fussing with these banner sites, I can easily just slot images in to the slots I have and make someone else a banner? Mine is 800x195 for the 4 images (all one file, so really easy to transfer. Each image is 375x50px) and that allows a few hundred pixels above and below for putting what you want text wise. If anyone wants, just hit up my email address, with some images ^^ Or else, I can send you a blank image with the slots ready, and you just place in your photos, if you have photoshop ^^
tehbunneh Posted - 05/01/2011 : 22:55:17
Thanks K! I'll sort that out right now for ya's ^^
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/01/2011 : 22:50:28
quote:
Originally posted by nails

og no i spent ages doing my sig and now i fear its to big, i will have to have a play with it and get rid of some of it, so sorry if it is to big i will sort it

Shall email you with fix it codes Nails.

/ninj edit
So it'll be soemthing like this:

Sta~ple Posted - 05/01/2011 : 22:17:06
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

I've noticed some of the writing underneath other peoples sigs are alot smaller in letter size than mine but I don't know how to alter the writing size!! Help!!

Use the forum coding, you when you reply to a thread, (not the quick reply), theres the size, font and colour options all in drop down boxes and it automatically makes the code, so just copy and paste it as the same coding applies to sigs.
[size=1*][/size=1*] or just that without the * :D May also want to cut out on the amount of lines the text takes up, you don't need a seperate line for each animal :3

nails Posted - 05/01/2011 : 22:01:50
og no i spent ages doing my sig and now i fear its to big, i will have to have a play with it and get rid of some of it, so sorry if it is to big i will sort it
gmac Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:53:57
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

is mine ok phil, i dont know wheather it is to big, if it is, ill delete it and make a new one lol

Danny yours is 600x400 so is too tall, you will need to reduce the height by about a quarter of its height. If you mess about with the text Danny it should be OK

quote:
Originally posted by tehbunneh

I don't think mine is too big, but I made my little photo graphics myself, so its easily remedied if it is too large.

Tehbunneh, yours is 840 x 355, so both the width and height needs trimming down a bit.
Red123 Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:51:22
I've noticed some of the writing underneath other peoples sigs are alot smaller in letter size than mine but I don't know how to alter the writing size!! Help!!
Tiffany-x Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:45:45
I agree, it is about time, I only have a netbook and I know that makes my screen far smaller than average but almost every thread I am scrolling around forever! I love to see sigs with pictures but reasonably sized ones are far more appreciated, by me at least! :)
Tiffany-x
Sta~ple Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:20:00
Olla! Finally a sig size! Not so much the pictures, its the lines of text unerneath that have like a paragraph per animal XD
tehbunneh Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:12:10
I don't think mine is too big, but I made my little photo graphics myself, so its easily remedied if it is too large.
reptiledanny Posted - 05/01/2011 : 18:07:55
is mine ok phil, i dont know wheather it is to big, if it is, ill delete it and make a new one lol
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/01/2011 : 15:45:33
quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

I don't think mine breaks the new limit, but as it's not a picture I can't measure the pixels.

Also if you had used the left alignment option for the pic and the centre alignment as you already have it for the text it *should* put your sig image to the left of the text.
gmac Posted - 05/01/2011 : 12:52:00
quote:

I don't think mine breaks the new limit, but as it's not a picture I can't measure the pixels.

yup your sig is fine now
Oh How Original Posted - 05/01/2011 : 12:47:04
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

The size doesn't bother me, just gets a bit irritating with the advertising.
Also this topic was meant to help people who can't access photoshop, not cause an argument.

I don't have a problem with most sigs to be honest but, and I'm sorry if this seems like I'm having a go, but I logged on this morning and the first thing that is standing out on the posts I read is the sig banner you have made for Katie, The slideshow banners do my head in as they just dominate the page and I find them very distracting. It's a nice sig as is yours but I'm not keen on the slideshow ones.

Sorry but just my opinion.

I only do them a bit bigger than normal signatures A) Because then the quality is better and B) Then people can see the pictures within the signature better.
When you an animated picture as a GIF. file, it fades the quality quite badly compared to say a PNG-24 image file.
So I do them slightly bigger.
Oh How Original Posted - 05/01/2011 : 12:45:13

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000