The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Beaphar Reptile wormer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 10:57:02
Can anyone give me their opinion on the above (if they have used it) I have searched and searched but can find no reviews by people of this product.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 16:46:25
Well what ever it is i would gues that he has had it for quite some time. The previous owner said that he pooped fine but admitted he knew nothing about snakes. I asked my mum who know nothing about snakes to describe what she thought a snake poop would be like and although she went very pale, bless, she said she guess it would lokk like a rotten mouse and quite bloody because of the blood in the food item. The old decor that came with Patrick has alot of evidence of old dried blood on it spots and smears. I'm guessing the road to go down is going to be vets with xrays, bloods etc. I NEED that lottery win!
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 16:19:18
If he isn't loosing too much weight then worms would be unlikely, as weight loss and poor body condition is a definite sign of them being present. It may be that he has some other mild health problems that is causing the strange poo he passes.
Red123 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 15:57:18
No he is not loosing weight visibly and wieghs 675g including a small cereal box (this is what he was in when i weighed him) and he still has alot of strength. He acts as my other adult does spending most of his time in the cool end this time of year and not that interested in food. If it wasn't for the partially undigested food that he passed and the blood that he passes occasionally he would be an extremely healthy specimen I think.
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 15:43:10
If the vet said to worm him anyway then by all means follow that advice, but I would certainly go back to vet and ask them to sort the concentration and dosage on your behalf- worming can be tricky to get right. Underdose and you might as well use water, overdose by too much and you can cause problems.

Strange feces could mean anything- digestive tract issues, an overly active metabolism, slow metabolism etc.

It wouldn't hurt to get a second fecal test done- Pinmore animal labs do ones you send to them through the post. If that test also comes back negative for worms then worming is probably pointless.

Is Patrick loosing visible weight?
Red123 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 14:53:45
Still trying to decide whether to worm Patrick. Had a faecal test done and came back no worms present but the vet said it would not hurt to worm him anyway because worms could still be present because of his poop problems. Some have said not to worm though. Don't know what to do for the best. I'm sure you remember all the posts i made regarding Patricks problems. He seems fine in himself not really eating very often but then neither of my adults are this time of year. I know something is not right because of what comes out of his rear end! Wish I could win the lottery then that would solve any problems he may have he could have gold star treatment :(
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 14:44:28
I have used Panacur for Croc, but under veterinary advice following a full fecal test. Why are you looking at wormers?
Red123 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 14:38:39
I have read you can use panacur at a dosage rate of 0.2ml per 100g?? body weight I believe this is for panacur 25 so i assume you can buy different strengths. Anyone used panacur??
tehbunneh Posted - 04/01/2011 : 11:47:18
I've used it on my Tiger Oscar for camallanus worms as a last resort cos NOTHING else has worked. Lets just say its not worked for him either x.x Guys here have suggested Panacur though, so perhaps that is going to be better?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000