The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 wood for viv's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nails Posted - 28/12/2010 : 12:51:30
Hi everyone, hope you have all had a good xmas, i have read the thread on here about how to prepare wood for a viv, why do you have to soak it in bleach? Is it to kill any parasite? i have to lovely peices that i want to put in my viv that hubby is just finishing off (pic's will follow once its in place) just wondered why it needs bleaching, is there any thing else that can be used?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nails Posted - 28/12/2010 : 14:18:02
i got a butter at the same time that one is eating fine, strikes every time, i wondered if the snows were harder to keep? Wizard the common eats well as does the anery, the common bit me the other week it went up my sleeve and had me 3 times the little B*****R
lrv2307 Posted - 28/12/2010 : 13:58:05
far as i know nails, to kill off any bacteria (99.9%all germs......dead) as the add goes lol, i only use a cap full for a five ltr bucket, so its a weak solution, but im sure the experienced ppl on here will confirm the strength

then i soad and rinse in hot water, and dry slowly in the oven
but have read you need to be careful which type of wood....ie no pine? but again i think the experienced keepers will be able to put ya on the right road
hope your new snow eats.........mine is a gannet lol and shes grown 3" lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000