The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 17/12/2010 : 18:44:56
I'm getting my first corn snake tomorrow.
I'm pretty much confident on every aspect of snake care.
I had a question about feeding though.
I'm going to take the snake out of it's vivarium and put it in a separate container to feed on it's pinkie.
This is where question comes in!
I know you're not allowed to touch the snake for roughly 48 hours after feeding, so my question is:

How do I get it back into the vivarium after feeding?

AND

When do I put it back into the vivarium? (i.e. I'm guessing I don't shift it while the pinkie is half out of it's mouth)

Thank you!

Stephen
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lrv2307 Posted - 20/12/2010 : 18:13:34
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I have a tub small enough to just put the tub into the vivarium and tilt it enough to let Spot get out of his own accord which is usually as soon as he see's the water bowl and goes for a drink.

im same as you lota, i got a shallow enough tub that morgana can just slip out when she feels like it
slix Posted - 20/12/2010 : 15:38:47
tomtomgo51 at a risk of sounding stupid lol how will puttin it in a cup or splitting the heads make him a more of an agressive eater ???
slix Posted - 20/12/2010 : 15:36:47
hi thanks for your reply herriotfan i appreciate it alot :)
n/a Posted - 20/12/2010 : 13:26:58
yep herriotfan sounds the best you can try splitting the head or placing them in cups
herriotfan Posted - 20/12/2010 : 12:38:13
You could wriggle it a bit more but some snakes just don't strike and constrict no matter what you do! You'll just have to wait and see if becomes more of an aggressive feeder as he matures.
slix Posted - 20/12/2010 : 12:35:38
hi all i have just started to get my corn to strike feed he is about 6 mnths .he first striked his food yesterday but did niot constrict it do i need to move fuzzy more to encourage him any ideas ??
lrv2307 Posted - 17/12/2010 : 20:24:13
same as louise, i have a shallow sarni tub where i feed morgana, its just deep enough to feed her, and shallow enough for her to slip out when shes ready to move to her hidy hole. sayin that she pokes her nose out after its gone down to see what im doing, if im still watching her lol
Invalid User Posted - 17/12/2010 : 20:16:42
I asked the exact same question before I brought Nimbus home.

I fed him for the first time last week and just let him slide back into his tank from the feeding tub after the food went halfway down his body :o)
lotabob Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:13:24
I have a tub small enough to just put the tub into the vivarium and tilt it enough to let Spot get out of his own accord which is usually as soon as he see's the water bowl and goes for a drink.
gmac Posted - 17/12/2010 : 18:48:35
you can lift it back from the container into the Viv, its not really the same as handling.

Let the food get to at least midway down its body, leave the snake be for 5 minutes or so then lift it back in.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000