The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Nimbus is looooong!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 11/12/2010 : 16:12:30
I measured Nimbus and forgot to post it.

He is 2ft long! I knew he looked long but was quite shocked when I actually measured him

Gonna get some digi scales next week and weigh him.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 12/12/2010 : 22:23:27
I use a very soft black shoelace to get a rough idea of length but its not easy to get an accurate measurement unless you take a picture from directly above and include a ruler in the picture for scale, then use it to accurately work out length. Easiest way to monitor growth is weight.
Carson1915 Posted - 12/12/2010 : 21:07:13
What is the best way to measure her and if someone could post a video or pic tha would be very helpful
Tiffany-x Posted - 11/12/2010 : 19:10:06
Aww, I was surprised, when I held my first adult I didnt know it was an adult, and then I said so how big is this one, like 2ft? And the guy was like no way, more like 4! I was so shocked, they dont feel or look even close to as long as they actually are!
Tiffany-x
lotabob Posted - 11/12/2010 : 18:55:35
Wait until you see how fast they grow! Especially the little ones. Spot was almost growing an inch a week for the first few weeks I had him. Its slowed down a tiny bit now but his weight is still going up a good few grams every week. The main differences you can instantly see is the shape and size of the head, he's more pointy headed now and has grown into his eyes and he is getting thicker in the body and you can really feel the strength he's getting when you handle him. Its so exciting to think one day he could potentially be 5 foot long.
Invalid User Posted - 11/12/2010 : 18:41:06
I was surprised how long he is as yes, he looked so tiny coiled up under his water bowl in the shop! lol
lrv2307 Posted - 11/12/2010 : 18:39:56
yep he is a long one lol
morgana is still only about 12", like you going to get some digi scales so i can start plotting her weight etc

she still spending all her time hiding :o( wanna handle her but dont wanna stress her out, cuz she sure is fast lol
herriotfan Posted - 11/12/2010 : 17:30:28
It's really surprising isn't it, especially when they lay all coiled up and look so tiny!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000