The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Mice price!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 09/12/2010 : 09:13:57
How much do you all pay for your mice? If you order online how much do you pay delivery?

I am paying 60p per fuzzy from my local pet shop and have looked on ebay and they seem about the same price once you include the delivery cost.

Just wondered if I can get them cheaper
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lrv2307 Posted - 09/12/2010 : 14:33:36
if you go to surrey pet supplies, i got 50 pinkies for £15
herriotfan Posted - 09/12/2010 : 12:09:51
I think quite a few people on here use A&N. They're really good and lovely people too.
As already pointed out the down side to online ordering is having to buy in bulk and the cost of delivery. Mind you, if you have to drive far to collect your food then maybe delivery is no more than petrol/diesel and car wear 'n' tear!
Sta~ple Posted - 09/12/2010 : 11:31:37
If you have like one or two snakes it is probably cheaper to buy from the shop because of the delivery price, and you don't want to store mice in your freezer for too long x.x and you normally have to bulk buy to get the good prices as then the delivery price isn't bad.

I will be ordering from TSM soon, A&N only seem to do packs of 50 :( with TSM I worked out I would save like £2 (£2 is £2 and means I won't have to take a trip to the shops :D) for 4 snakes, 2 adult and 2 babies, once the babies are on bigger food I will save more from ordering from TSM than a shop, :3 like £20 once they are all on large.

Shop prices for me are fuzzies 50p, large £1.10, jumbo (which I have to get some somewhere else XD £1.30)
dizzie85 Posted - 09/12/2010 : 11:29:07
I get 10pinkies for £3.50 at the moment. They last 5weeks,,, No doubt the price will go up when they're on fuzzies/small mice and so on. My maths is useless to work out how much that works out to per pinkie.

EDIT- think that works out to 35p each from local pet shop
Red123 Posted - 09/12/2010 : 10:42:37
I have often though about going to A & N frozen foods their prices are way cheaper than my pet shop. I pay £1-20 for a large mouse and £1-80 for a small rat weaner. I worked out the other day that what I pay at the pet shop for a months supply i would get over 6 months supply at A & N. I think i am right in saying that if you let them know your exact requirments and the date and time that you want them you can collect if you live near enough. Can you buy individually there though as I know they are in like boxes of 50 etc?
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/12/2010 : 09:49:56
A&N frozen foods are very good and very cheap, my last order cost me £50 not including courier for 100 pinkes, 50 small mice, 50 rat weaners and 20 medium rats. That lot would cost me WELL over £100 at my local rep shop.
Inkygirl Posted - 09/12/2010 : 09:18:07
Im paying 69p per pinkie at the moment and £2.00 a rat for the boa.Iv wondered too about buying online. would we have to bulk buy? x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000