The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 GEKO temperature and timer controller

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 08/12/2010 : 12:13:50
I am having no end of trouble getting the right temps (4 c fluctuations)using habistat temperture thermostats. One of my set ups came with a GEKO TEMPERATURE AND TIMER CONTROLLER and it is brilliant. It has a digital read out for the probe and when checked against a digital thermometer it was very accurate, just point 2 of a centergrade out. The heat mat always seems the same temp when you touch it. It is always cutting in out keeping it the right temperature. Would highly recommend this product and you can have a light connected to it on a timer.
Will certainly be replacing the habistats with these when they brake.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 08/12/2010 : 18:53:49
all u have to do is look at it an u can see its the same as a lucky reptile one, i think the reason is controls the temp better is the fact its digital control where as the likes of habistat etc are analoge
eeji Posted - 08/12/2010 : 18:41:03
i read that the Geko stats are exactly the same as the Lucky Reptile stats with different labels on and I know a few people that use these and love them :)
Red123 Posted - 08/12/2010 : 16:51:45
From what I have read it is an on/off controller.
a33272 Posted - 08/12/2010 : 16:32:23
is the geko an on/off controller or pulse or dimmer
SexyBear77 Posted - 08/12/2010 : 12:26:03
Good to know.

Personally I've never had a scrap of bother with my 7 Habistats but its always helpful to know of other things just in case!

Sometimes stats do take a fair bit of fiddling about to get them just right, but once its done they should hold the temps very well. Are you sure that in this cold weather its not your rooms ambient temp that is causing the bother?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000