The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 My dog has died....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sullysteve Posted - 01/12/2010 : 21:21:04
Hi all,

I thought i would share this with you as i thought it would be nice for all your thoughts to be with her at this time.

My Childhood dog "cassie" has had to be put down to sleep today after years of suffering with cancer. I have had her since she was a pup and she has lived until 16!
My mum has looked after her for the last 5 years as i moved out and taken on my own dogs.

Unfortunatly, Today my mum has had to take her in to have her put down. AND I WAS NOT TOLD THAT THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN and have now fallen out with my mum.

Anyways...RIP CASSIE....(Please repeat for her rest)

Cheers guys!!

BTW - she was a westie
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 07/12/2010 : 22:44:45
sorry for your loss. i know how you feel i had a dog who was a month older than me and lived untill she was 18 years old! i grew up wiv that dog and still miss her!

R.I.P Cassie
n/a Posted - 06/12/2010 : 12:33:58
rip cassie. run free over the rainbow bridge
Invalid User Posted - 05/12/2010 : 18:18:40
Sorry, only just seen this thread.

I'm really sorry for your loss xxx

RIP Cassie <3
lrv2307 Posted - 05/12/2010 : 18:08:44
your welcome sully
but make it up with ya mum, it was prob hard for her too, i know i hadnt cried that hard when fritz was put down, since my mum passing

go give her a big hug xxx
sullysteve Posted - 05/12/2010 : 16:06:54
Thanks Irv! And Mort!
lrv2307 Posted - 05/12/2010 : 09:48:48
aaww sorry to hear about your loss
i was heartbroken when i had to get my mums dashund put down as he had put his back out, he was getting old. and was the last link to my mum, as she had passed away the year before

just remember, cassie will always be in your thoughts and in your heart
Mort13 Posted - 03/12/2010 : 14:07:21
Aww no,so sorry to hear about your pooch. May little Cassie rest in peace :-(
Hope you patch things up with your mum soon,I know she made a bad decision there but she has done whats best for Cassie at the end of the day and it won't have been easy for her.
Thoughts are with you.
Sta~ple Posted - 02/12/2010 : 22:29:04
Aww sorry to hear :(
JackHutchy979 Posted - 02/12/2010 : 16:40:17
RIP cassie. Sorry to hear
Tiffany-x Posted - 02/12/2010 : 11:03:14
I can completely understand why you are upset that she went with no warning, she could and probably should of told you, but dont fall out with her still. You shouldnt ever fall out with your family, especially your parents, they are so important. But I can understand why it upset you, I know I would be upset too, by all means you should definitely make sure she is aware how upset you are but you shouldnt fall out with her. Mums can be a pain in the bottom but in most cases they are amazing so you should love her for that. :)

I hope you sort it with your mum.
Tiffany-x
sullysteve Posted - 02/12/2010 : 10:58:30
Thanks for all your kind comments...

I know you shouldnt fall out with your parents at the best of time, but i had arranged to take her with cassie only to get a text from my brother to tell me she had been put to sleep. I never got to say goodbye.

Like you said Tiff, at least i had spent all her life with me. :)

Thanks again everyone!

Sul
Red123 Posted - 02/12/2010 : 10:10:54
Don't fall out with your mum. Having to make the decision to put an animal to sleep is in my opinion the HARDEST decision you ever have to make for your pet. Sometimes its just to difficult to talk to anyone before you have it done then afterwards you need alot of support. Your mum made the right decision i'm sure and she needs your support and understanding now, at least your little dog has no more suffering.
RIP Cassie.
herriotfan Posted - 02/12/2010 : 09:27:24
So sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to you. I miss my precious little Holly more than I miss some of my human relatives that have died so I understand the heartache.
RIP little sweet one xxx
Tiffany-x Posted - 02/12/2010 : 08:40:04
Your welcome, I know how it feels to lose a pet, esp something like a dog that is such a massive part of a persons life. Most people seem to think its daft getting upset over pets, but being such an animal lover myself I think it is just as hard as losing a person because if you are anything like me, I talk to my dog as if he were a person and stuff. You have to remember though that although I dont know the full story I do know even a partially healthy dog would never put to sleep so I should think it was for the best, she is free now to be happy and run and play without any pain, she will be happy, she probably misses you too but you must think about it, she might not be alive but you were the lucky person that got to spend her life with her.

I really do feel for you.
Lots of hugs, :)
Tiffany-xs
lee2308 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 22:51:22
sorry to hear that steve,i lost mine to a few weeks ago but please dont blame your mum for it as shes cared for the dog just as much as you and it is one of the hardest decisions to make and if it were you who had to meke the decision the last thing you would want is family falling out with you over it.
Figs Posted - 01/12/2010 : 22:41:05
Oh no Sorry to hear, Sully!
RIP Cassie - no suffering anymore
n/a Posted - 01/12/2010 : 22:13:37
Rest In Peace Cassie :( our dog got very ill and stayed with my grandma during the last year or so of her life-- she fell very ill and had to be put down whilst we were on holiday.

Her suffering is over now and she is at peace- my consolations to you and your family
kdlang Posted - 01/12/2010 : 22:10:59
So sorry to hear about Cassie. Our pets are our extended family and it is right for you to mourn her loss as you would any other family member. My thoughts are with you.

RIP Cassie
sullysteve Posted - 01/12/2010 : 21:31:08
i actually have a tear in my eye right now. I am very very upset. Thanks for the kind words tiff.
Tiffany-x Posted - 01/12/2010 : 21:26:37
Oh no, Im so sorry! I really love westies. I can understand cause Im in love with my little boy and I couldnt imagine if he got poorly. RIP Cassie, Im sure she will be missed a lot! :(
Tiffany-x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000