The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I feel so proud

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 19:11:21
I got Patrick out today for the first time. After being told he is very agressive and seeing agression from him I was very nervous. I put some thick gloves on and pulled my sleeves right the way down. Quietly I opened his viv door and removed the hide he was under, he just sat watching. Carefully i slipped my fingers under his body and lifted him out. He was so calm he even had a bath upstairs. I was so proud of him and myself.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 02/12/2010 : 07:44:33
I will wear gloves until I have handled him for several months and feel more confident with him and until I know that he feels confident and secure being handled by me. I don't mind being nipped by a baby but not to keen on the idea of being nipped by a 5ft one though! Instinct would make me pull away from him and I wouldn't want to hurt his mouth.
lotabob Posted - 01/12/2010 : 23:24:06
If wearing gloves makes you more confident handling then wear the gloves.Doesn't do any harm.
Oh How Original Posted - 01/12/2010 : 23:22:34
Well done you, but yeah I do agree with Steve, you're better off just braving it bare hands :D
sullysteve Posted - 01/12/2010 : 21:24:27
please please please dont use gloves....no need! (do really if you have to). If it bites it will be fine i assure you.

:)

Sul
sarahw Posted - 01/12/2010 : 19:21:45
well done you
my sons snake was very viv defensive when we first rehomed him, and i used to put thick gloves on before picking him up, only needed to doit this way a few times then braved it with bare hands, you do feel very proud of yourself after

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000