The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 shedding help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chez Posted - 01/12/2010 : 14:24:06
hey guys my snakie started shedding yesterday and its not a very good shed as its come off in bits and there is quite alot of shed left on her, i have found a section of her bottom jaw but not the top of head. any advice or help would be greatly apreciated as i dont know what to do now [:S]
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 01/12/2010 : 16:59:01
You could try putting a damp hide in with her. Just dampen some sphagnum moss and pop it in a hide. That will raise the humidity which should help.
Oh How Original Posted - 01/12/2010 : 16:55:23
After just 1 day I wouldn't really worry too much, sometimes sheds don't come off in one big go, nothing major to worry about, if it's not off in 48-72 hours then maybe try a warm shallow bath?
Chez Posted - 01/12/2010 : 16:11:25
she was too squirmy to be put through the towel so i left it damp and put in in her faun so hopefully thatll help her
Chez Posted - 01/12/2010 : 15:12:19
she is a bit too small for even a small towel so any other smaller alternatives?
herriotfan Posted - 01/12/2010 : 15:09:16
Start off by letting her slither through a damp, not wet, towel, that quite often does the trick.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000