The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Is it worth keeping?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oh How Original Posted - 28/11/2010 : 23:08:11
Well I bought a thermostat off eBay for my Beardie, but I don't have him now, and the thermostat didn't get used, is it worth keeping it to check the temp in Pendulums tank or not really?
And what do I do if the heatmat isn't giving him enough heat (on the off chance it isn't).
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/11/2010 : 14:43:24
quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

Is it wise to use the stat without the thermometer though? :S

Yes, far more wise than not having one at all.
Red123 Posted - 30/11/2010 : 14:17:30
Using a stat without a digital thermometer is better then no stat at all! As an experiment I turned on a heat mat and placed a plastic box on top of it and left it for a couple of hours it was not on a stat. When i checked it it was so hot i could hardly put my hand on it. If a snake had been in that box it would have been roasted literally.
Oh How Original Posted - 30/11/2010 : 14:10:44
Is it wise to use the stat without the thermometer though? :S
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/11/2010 : 14:08:28
You should put the stat on NOW. Just because it has been ok for 4 weeks doesn't gaurantee that it will be that way forever.
Oh How Original Posted - 30/11/2010 : 13:49:15
I took the Beardie back to the shop, it was the time when Pendulum was settling in and just been fed, I hadn't handled him and wanted something new so I bought him, but the guy said if I wanted to take him back he would put him in his personal collection, so I chose to.
On the subject of the heat mat, I am working on getting it sorted, for now I think he is OK, he's been like that for 4 weeks now and nothing bad has happened, I just wanted to get some information, I will be doing it when I get a digital thermometer though, which shouldn't be too long.
Thanks for all the advice :)
Kazerella Posted - 29/11/2010 : 11:15:26
Just if you've not been persuaded by snake safety reasons already - use the stat to save you money!

Controlling the heat with a stat means you only use the electricity you need too
herriotfan Posted - 29/11/2010 : 10:15:18
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

How come you don't have your beardie anymore? You definitely need to get that mat statted asap.

Ditto....what happened to your beardie....
Mort13 Posted - 29/11/2010 : 09:14:22
How come you don't have your beardie anymore? You definitely need to get that mat statted asap.
Sta~ple Posted - 28/11/2010 : 23:37:37
Jeepers cripes surprised no-one has lept at you lol.
lotabob Posted - 28/11/2010 : 23:35:31
Stat your mat! Feeling it wont do. Most mats will be too hot for a corn, not to mention it could overheat and burn everything touching it. You need a good digital thermometer too , have both probes on the mat/closest to the mat on the inside of the enclosure as the temp markings aren't great on stats.
tehbunneh Posted - 28/11/2010 : 23:33:13
Use it on your snake ^^ You'll be surprised at how cool 28c feels to the hand x.x I always think Ripley's viv is cold, but I check the temps, and its 28.7c constant, so it must be fine!
Oh How Original Posted - 28/11/2010 : 23:27:50
No the mat isn't statted, I often feel it to make sure it isn't too hot but also it's still working, it seems to be fine but just thought I'd get some advice.
lotabob Posted - 28/11/2010 : 23:15:31
Are your snake's mats statted? They really should be so if they aren't yes use it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000