The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 feeding whilst in shed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chez Posted - 28/11/2010 : 13:33:25
hey guys, just wondered weather i should feed my snakie today or not as she has gone "blue" and very cloudy eyes , so should i feed today or just wait. i cant make up my mind thanks
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/11/2010 : 22:14:31
I offer all mine when they are in shed, so they can eat if they are hungry and refuse if they are not. Nothing gets wasted as there is always another that will eat leftovers.
lotabob Posted - 28/11/2010 : 21:59:49
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

i dont keep mine in the shed, so i cant really comment.

OH DEAR!!! PMSL!!!
mikerichards Posted - 28/11/2010 : 21:29:06
i dont keep mine in the shed, so i cant really comment.
dizzie85 Posted - 28/11/2010 : 21:16:02
I get mine out and feed them in a rub. but they usually know when it's due feeding day and I guess know theyre coming out lol hence scaling the viv! There isnt any other time in the week when both my snakes cant get to me quick enough to pick them up and put them in their feeding rubs lol. Anyother time Matilda will hide and Charlie will stay where he is to be picked up but makes no effort to want to be lol.
Chez Posted - 28/11/2010 : 20:53:27
lol i just tend to wiggle a mouse outside her hide and if i see her head start to poke out then i know she is interested
dizzie85 Posted - 28/11/2010 : 20:34:34
I have always fed mine in blue because they have still been active. However Charlies last shed come feeding day he was hid away so I didn't feed him. I choose by wether they are searching or not usually mine come out scaling the viv for food about a day or so before feeding day. If they dont come out I dont feed when they're blue. That is my choice though my own personal way of doing it not a right or wrong.
Chez Posted - 28/11/2010 : 18:56:10
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan
Use tongs!! Better than getting bitten.

Lol i do use tongs but last feed she had her first strike but missed her first one and nearly got me she nailed the second time though
tehbunneh Posted - 28/11/2010 : 18:18:32
I always offer (and its always been taken!) food when my snakes are in blue. I've not had one reject yet!
herriotfan Posted - 28/11/2010 : 16:50:18
quote:
Originally posted by Chez

i know its up to me but im very bad at making decisions but i know she will feed so might aswell feed her. ( hopefully if she decides to strike again she wont get me coz she is slightly blind Cheers G

Use tongs!! Better than getting bitten.
Chez Posted - 28/11/2010 : 13:37:36
i know its up to me but im very bad at making decisions but i know she will feed so might aswell feed her. ( hopefully if she decides to strike again she wont get me coz she is slightly blind Cheers G
gmac Posted - 28/11/2010 : 13:35:47
Really is upto you Chez. Some of mine get offered when blue as I know they will still feed, and some don't get offered as I know they wont take it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000