The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 let it snow...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tinamiles Posted - 27/11/2010 : 10:09:16
thought id see where else in the country has the pretty white stuff has settled! Im in Harrogate and we've had our first snow thats settled last night...only about 1" tho!

What about everyone else??
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JackHutchy979 Posted - 02/12/2010 : 22:31:45
I personally love snow but my dad is always goin on about how he can't get the horses out due to frozen ground. It's been snowing on and off in N.I. Bit here and a bit there then you get about 2inches of snow in 10mins less.
kdlang Posted - 02/12/2010 : 22:10:46
quote:
Originally posted by Skyblupink

I'm in Meden Vale (to be precise) which is a village between Mansfield and Chesterfield and it's been a bit of a 'mare here tbh.. My mum and I both work at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest and came home today after two nights staying over. I have to say that the main roads are looking really clear but I've left my car in a relatively tree-free area of the car park at work. So at home there's now almost three feet of snow covering anything that hasn't moved since the snow started and on Tuesday night my Dad got very little sleep as he had the living daylights scared out of him when the soffits and fascia boards fell off the back of the house and onto the conservatory with the weight of the snow (he thought we were being burgled as he said it sounded like someone had fallen over some items in the next room which has recently been replastered), since then three other houses on our street have lost their guttering, we have no food in the house because Tesco cancelled our shopping delivery on Tuesday due to snow and there's so much on our street that we'll have to dig the car out, the local shop has apparently been rationing bread to one loaf per customer and they have none left and to top it all off I have to go to work all weekend in it too!!! Stupid snow, I wish it would go away now..

Complete sympathies with you. I'm in a village between chesterfield and alfreton and have seen no hint of a snow plow. the farmer has had to help clear one entry road but the main road through the village is still mad. Buses won't go through because they keep getting stuck at the bottom of the hill. The local shops have become more like social centres.

On a positive note though, I have never seen so many people walking through the village and chatting to each other. A little bit of the community is coming back, I wish that part of the effects of snow would stay
Tiffany-x Posted - 02/12/2010 : 16:38:22
I love the snow now! Ive had 2 days off so far, its been great!! But now my trip had been cancelled! :'( I hope Im off tomorrow too. :P
Tiffany-x
n/a Posted - 02/12/2010 : 16:36:57
I'm in Meden Vale (to be precise) which is a village between Mansfield and Chesterfield and it's been a bit of a 'mare here tbh.. My mum and I both work at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest and came home today after two nights staying over. I have to say that the main roads are looking really clear but I've left my car in a relatively tree-free area of the car park at work. So at home there's now almost three feet of snow covering anything that hasn't moved since the snow started and on Tuesday night my Dad got very little sleep as he had the living daylights scared out of him when the soffits and fascia boards fell off the back of the house and onto the conservatory with the weight of the snow (he thought we were being burgled as he said it sounded like someone had fallen over some items in the next room which has recently been replastered), since then three other houses on our street have lost their guttering, we have no food in the house because Tesco cancelled our shopping delivery on Tuesday due to snow and there's so much on our street that we'll have to dig the car out, the local shop has apparently been rationing bread to one loaf per customer and they have none left and to top it all off I have to go to work all weekend in it too!!! Stupid snow, I wish it would go away now..
NatashaK Posted - 02/12/2010 : 16:26:12
It not snowing that much here but everything has gone into meltdown!! Not only do i keep falling over (my balance is shocking), I have an xmas party tomorrow (fancy dress) and ordered my costume on monday, next day delivery, and its still not here :( I really want the snow to go away...
Sta~ple Posted - 02/12/2010 : 16:19:13
Not at uni till Monday now, it's over a foot deep and our Christmas market has been cancelled :(
FiestaSTLou Posted - 02/12/2010 : 16:07:55
Not much snow here in bucks, its snowing on n off n settling but nothing to cause any major distruption just a few ppl that think its safe to still break the speed limit n ditch their cars, such is life tho, ppl never learn.
I hate the snow now tho! i was meant to be at AnnSummers Gala yday to pick up my awards in essex but it was cancelled cos of the weather being bad there n 700 girls dressed in mile high outfits getting stranded in essex wasnt the plan... but tbh its essex.. it would not have looked out of place..
*waits to be shouted at by essex ppl* HAHA
kdlang Posted - 01/12/2010 : 18:39:20
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

Got up this morning and it is STILL snowing. Some of the drifts are up to about 2ft, general cover about 18in. Anybody who wants more snow PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have ours. It is really not fun and I'm supposed to be moving house in less than 2 weeks. I can't go carpet shopping and even though I am only moving up the road, I can't take any stuff to the new house. The stuff is made worse by the idiots who think it is fun to throw snowballs at every moving vehicle (as if drivers don't have enough to worry about), terrorise people in their homes, slide parked cars around so they are in the middle of the road and make huge ice ball boulders to leave in the road.

Ok rant over. I just really wish it would all go away

So.....you don't like the snow then?

Actually usually I do like snow just not this much and not now lol
reptiledanny Posted - 01/12/2010 : 18:06:19
weve got about 3 inches of snow and got sent home from school
hopefully we are not at school tomorow lol
we had three people get out there cars outside school today because people were throwing snowballs at then lol
the thing is, its better now to stop because then once u get out people just throw more snowballs at u lol
then headecher had to call the police because he could not control us lol
was a fun day but hopefully it will be more fun tomorow if we get sent home again
sarahw Posted - 01/12/2010 : 15:58:18
we have about 8 inches of snow here now its not stopped since mon 4.30 in the morning, its nice unless you have to go out in it, which we dont have the mo as kids of school, so we get to stay in the warm and watch xmas films!
Sta~ple Posted - 01/12/2010 : 11:03:16
quote:

The stuff is made worse by the idiots who think it is fun to throw snowballs at every moving vehicle (as if drivers don't have enough to worry about), terrorise people in their homes, slide parked cars around so they are in the middle of the road and make huge ice ball boulders to leave in the road.

Make a snow ball yourself, although make it around a rock and throw at idiots to knock idiots out.

I've been hurling my cats outside, the last one I threw landed and the snow came upto his chin XD brilliant sport.
Mort13 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 10:59:36
quote:

Got up this morning and it is STILL snowing. Some of the drifts are up to about 2ft, general cover about 18in. Anybody who wants more snow PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have ours. It is really not fun and I'm supposed to be moving house in less than 2 weeks. I can't go carpet shopping and even though I am only moving up the road, I can't take any stuff to the new house. The stuff is made worse by the idiots who think it is fun to throw snowballs at every moving vehicle (as if drivers don't have enough to worry about), terrorise people in their homes, slide parked cars around so they are in the middle of the road and make huge ice ball boulders to leave in the road.

So.....you don't like the snow then?
kdlang Posted - 01/12/2010 : 08:21:46

SexyBear77 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 08:07:44
We've had another four inches overnight in Aberdeenshire, digging out the cars is not fun.
Tiffany-x Posted - 01/12/2010 : 07:09:35
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

i just had to drive back from Ilford in NE london, 80 miles, i left at 1430, i get home at 2310, thats 9hrs 40 minutes, to do 80 miles.
I did the 450 to scotland faster than that!

Damn! I feel for you on that one! :( Its so frustrating too when you are sat in a car going no where, Im starting my lessons at the end of this month and I know Im gonna get such bad road rage cause I am majorly impatient!! :P

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I wake up early to hog the bathroom before anyone does and then I see that the uni is closed *_* I could have stayed in bed :( I think it's like 4/5 inches deep now XD if it keeps up like the weather says we will have half a foot!

I just did the same, and guess what... NO SCHOOL!!!!!!! Im so chuffed cause last year when the school closed for snow they kept it open for sixth form. LOL! I am sooo happy! xD
Tiffany-x
Sta~ple Posted - 01/12/2010 : 07:01:23
I wake up early to hog the bathroom before anyone does and then I see that the uni is closed *_* I could have stayed in bed :( I think it's like 4/5 inches deep now XD if it keeps up like the weather says we will have half a foot!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 01/12/2010 : 00:17:13
I was hunting on saturday and it started to snow! Then it pelted down on saturday night. We had 2 or 3 inches on sunday:) It stuck for aaaaaaages! but it was JUST about safe enough to get us all to school on monday.... Perfect!
mikerichards Posted - 30/11/2010 : 23:29:32
i just had to drive back from Ilford in NE london, 80 miles, i left at 1430, i get home at 2310, thats 9hrs 40 minutes, to do 80 miles.
I did the 450 to scotland faster than that!
Tiffany-x Posted - 30/11/2010 : 21:08:09
Well we had constant snow and no heating, so the whole of sixth form had a giant snow ball fight in the sixth form garden then froze our bums off in the common room! :P It was quite fun!!! But then we sat in lessons wanting to cry cause it was so flipping well cold!! But ahh well, it was fun. Now I just need 2 days off!! xD
Tiffany-x
tinamiles Posted - 30/11/2010 : 21:07:39
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

had 2 cm of snow today, went to school and weren't allowed snowball fights ¬_¬ HEALTH AND SAFETY!!! but we all ran on the field and had one anyway :) until some kid took it to far made a ice ball threw it at a year 7 and knocked him out unconscious xD

ha ha, so ironic that health and safety tries to spoil the fun, and then turns out to be sensible! LOL! Hate it when kids throw snowballs at cars - have had ones with stones in hit my cars in past :(

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000