The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 RUB benefits?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 26/11/2010 : 15:20:52
I guess some of you keep your snakes in RUBS. Alot use RUBS so they have more room to keep more snakes I know but, Do any of you feel that keeping corns in RUBS, as opposed to a viv, benefits the snake in anyway?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 26/11/2010 : 19:00:07
the main benefit to the snake is that they are not completely see through like glass is. The benefit to me is they are secure, easy to clean and sterilise, and a lot lighter than wooden/glass vivs.
tehbunneh Posted - 26/11/2010 : 15:38:14
I don't think it is necessarily for the snake's benefit really. Its mainly a price and ease of access to such boxes that make them so appealing to people with snakes. I have three of mine - the younger three - in RUBs, and they all seem fine and healthy. Boa seems to like his as he can watch me and show off to me all the way around his RUB XD The only one of mine in a Viv is Ripley, because it was given to me for free.

RUBs are a lot easier to store in racks then vivs - they naturally stack if you get all the same size - they're easy to clean and some are slightly opaque so the snake has some privacy. Anything from 50L up I have been told is suitable for a corn snake throughout their lives. Corns don't really need the height for climbing, as they are supposed to be terrestrial, but you'll see pics here of some whose snakes seem to think they are arboreal, lol! Either way, RUBs and Vivs are all good. As long as they are secure and nicely decked out with places to hide, a water bowl and some appropriate substrate, either option is good ^^ I've seen a large RUB set up at kevchandler's place, and it does look very professional and very well organised!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000