The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Quite a weird trip...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 26/11/2010 : 14:46:35
I went into my Local petshop which I normally got to but over the past few months it has changed management, and now it is more of a reptile shop than a fluffy and bird shop.

Anyway, I went in and asked for some hopper mice. The man looked confused, disappeared for a bit and brought out pinky mice and some cricket "hoppers" Fairly easy mistake to make since there is a size of crickets called hoppers and he could have misheard me. I explained that hopper mouse size was in-between fuzzy mice and pinky and were also called jumpers and that I didn't want any crickets. He disappeared again and brought out a tub saying "pinkies" and pointed out the biggest pinkies and the smallest fluffs and told me that these were the size between small mice and fuzzies. I asked if I could also look at the small mice again for when my snakes move up a size and I want to see the size difference between fuzzies and small mice since at that point, I figured they didn't sell hoppers anymore and that there maybe some extra small mice that I could have instead. Again, digged in the pot of pinkie mice. Trying to explain that I wanted biggest fuzzies after that was a bit confusing for the guy bless him XD I think he got a bit mad...

I think I shall have to order food online next time *_* Trying to guess how long they will be on hoppers before moving up to small mice is a bit @_@
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 26/11/2010 : 21:30:37
You guys must have some huge fuzzies or some very small small mice XD
n/a Posted - 26/11/2010 : 21:28:17
Mine does, pinkies, fuzzies, small, medium, large.
So to get the size between pinkies and fuzzies they have 'pinkie rats'.

Noddle doesn't complain.

:)
Sta~ple Posted - 26/11/2010 : 19:14:44
They don't like the customers looking at the mice at ours either bunneh, they have they all behind the tills, I'm guessing they only sell pinkies, fuzzies, medium and large mice at the shop near me now :/ or it was just one very clueless guy. Although it does work out cheaper now if I buy online, nearly £2 cheaper infact lol.

It really did surprise me when he didn't seem to know what a small mouse was. I guess fuzzie is technically correct but still @_@
eeji Posted - 26/11/2010 : 18:55:24
my supplier is easy for mice - its pinkies, fuzzies, small, medium, large :D
tehbunneh Posted - 26/11/2010 : 15:43:35
At both the shops I have around me, the floor workers are the ones to get the mice out, as for some reason they don't like customers going in themselves. I have on three different occasions now had the poor guy behind the till root around for the right size mice XD First it was day-to-2day old pinkies, then it was small fuzzies, then it was large fuzzies XDD Suffice to say, they recognise me, and know me as the pain in the **** when it comes to mice XDD My response is always 'well, I need the right size for my snakes don't I?' LOL! Good bunch of guys though, in one of the shops ^^
Red123 Posted - 26/11/2010 : 15:17:33
My pet shop does not do hoppers. I usually have to go in and line up the pinkies and fuzzies on top of the freezers and pick the right sizes they vary greatly in size. I have to say I get some diapproving looks from other customers but its no different to them choosing which size piece of cheese to buy really!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000