The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 The snakes went to school!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Katie.Dublin Posted - 26/11/2010 : 00:17:08
... the title should probably be, my snakes are IN school!

They've been there since last night because they were on display for the circus themed fashion show for the past two nights. (that's how i cracked one of the vivs :( )
To say i am now the coolest kid on the block is an understatement! ;)

I brought Jim the beardie and alex the tortoise too.Most people were really respectful and careful around them, but It's mad how afraid some people are of them and the snakes, or just downright ignorant..!
Somebody came up to me, poked Jim who was on my shoulder and asked, ''Can you make him turn invisible?'' I wasnt going to explain all the details of chameleon colour change, but after nearly killing the girl for poking him, i mentioned that Jim wasnt even a chameleon, but a bearded dragon :P (resulting in questions regarding him breathing fire)

As for the snakes, people LOVED them! I was handling them during the interval and people were getting photos and stuff. My Biology teacher was the happiest woman in the world! They were SO good:) I was even able to cure a couple of phobias!

I'm looking forward to collecting them in the morning though.. My room is awfully empty!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 27/11/2010 : 03:02:40
Oh i got the ''Are they all wet and slimy?'' question! Lots of them, but surprisingly the most commonly asked one was, ''WHERE in your house are they?'' and they all seem disturbed when i say in my bedroom! Take my word for it though, although there were lots of really sound people who were genuinely interested, there were also a lot of complete idiots. SO much squawking! Girls are very annoying sometimes ... :P
As for the insurance paying for the viv, i doubt it! It happened in the jeep like, we werent even on school grounds..
drchino Posted - 26/11/2010 : 16:13:32
Thats great news! Its always good when you help people get over their phobia a bit!
Sta~ple Posted - 26/11/2010 : 12:33:37
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

... the title should probably be, my snakes are IN school!
but a bearded dragon :P (resulting in questions regarding him breathing fire)

Bit of a thick lass then lol, or her parents were cruel and told her that fire breathing dragons are real XD

Is there a way you an make the schools insurance pay for the damaged glass?

That is ace though. You should have bought some "temp" replacements!
herriotfan Posted - 26/11/2010 : 11:38:23
That's great.
I wonder if these people think they are being clever when they make stupid comments and why poke the poor beardie....what a nerd.
I can understand how empty it must feel without them!!
Kazerella Posted - 26/11/2010 : 10:44:45
Did you not get the 'are they slimey?' question?

That's the one I always get when people meet my snakes for the first time.
Invalid User Posted - 26/11/2010 : 07:55:14
That's cool!

My daughters school had a guy come in with some exotic pets and he had a big corn snake. My daughter loved it and was the only one who would hold it. She was hooked then and that's why we are now getting one. :o)

lotabob Posted - 26/11/2010 : 00:30:03
That's cool. I hope to one day take Spot to work to show him off but my assistants are terrified of photographs so probably wont happen any time soon.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000