The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 broken glass :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Katie.Dublin Posted - 24/11/2010 : 23:55:19
Hey guys,

I was transporting the reptiles today and when i took the beardie's viv out of the jeep I noticed a pretty substantial crack in the glass. Its on the narrow bottom panel at the front, under the doors. Its fine, no sharp edges, just a crack but can i get it repaired or could just that panel be replaced?? im worried that another bang would properly break it!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 25/11/2010 : 16:55:29
Thanks for the help K. Unfortunately, NOT moving it isnt an option. I've to bring it home tomorrow morning and then carry it up two flights of stairs to my room. Hopefully it doesnt shatter in my hands..! Its not that bad of a crack though
Kehhlyr Posted - 25/11/2010 : 07:14:59
I know the part you're on about, not an easy job to replace as it means getting a new bit cut exactly the same size, then re-sealing it in. Which means no animals in the viv until the sealant has gone off.

I've stuck acrylic over the bottoms of cracked vivs in the past. But for the front glass bit, some of that transparent sticky backed plastic stuff on the inside and outside.
Provided both sides are nice and clean it'll stay on nicely, you'll still be able to see the crack, but it definitely wont have any sharp edges appear unless knocked hard again.
The other option if you don't want to see the crack is the sticky wood effect vinyl from wilkos as well.
lotabob Posted - 25/11/2010 : 00:22:29
Once glass cracks its as good as dead, its just a matter of time until it breaks. Its lost all its structural strength. Best bet, be careful and don't move it or place any stress on it and replace it as soon as possible.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000