The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 OH NO I CAUGHT THE BUG

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 00:14:05
I want an Okeetee, I've been flicking through the different morphs and I have to have an Okeetee. Phone call will be placed tomorrow to check if my shop can get me one ASAP.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 16/11/2010 : 00:39:50
I did hear that they are funny eaters. Maybe I'll leave them to the end of the want list.
gmac Posted - 16/11/2010 : 00:14:59
No they are not horrors, I have 3 of them and my kids handle them. I think they do make really good reps to keep the only problem being if you worry about your animals not feeding then royals will probably worry you quite a bit. It is in their nature to go off food for long periods of time, but thats just what they do.
lotabob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 23:39:15
Are they horrors really? I have no idea, I'm not scared of any animals (apart from horses, they are just all wrong) but don't fancy having my hand bitten to bits either.
gmac Posted - 15/11/2010 : 22:49:54
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Haha everyone on here has the bug, I didn't ring the reptile shop today, work was too busy but last time I told them about me wanting a black king snake they checked it out and had 4 hatchies, was very tempted but managed to resist, then last night a dreamt I had a Royal python and after looking them up, I want one of those too.

thats not a dream thats a nightmare

royals aint that bad really
lotabob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 22:48:11
Haha everyone on here has the bug, I didn't ring the reptile shop today, work was too busy but last time I told them about me wanting a black king snake they checked it out and had 4 hatchies, was very tempted but managed to resist, then last night a dreamt I had a Royal python and after looking them up, I want one of those too.
herriotfan Posted - 15/11/2010 : 09:14:09
Well done on giving up smoking. Snakes are much better for your health! Must admit Oke's are beauties wouldn't mind one myself...... ummm, there's a thought!!!!
Tiffany-x Posted - 15/11/2010 : 08:42:39
Okeetees are beautiful, a breeder near me had them not so long ago for only 25 quid! He sells everything dirt cheap its insane, hes a nice guy too and he adores his snakes, I swear he has millions!! I must recommend searching through some local breeders if you can find any because they are a fraction of the price, my local rep shop sells hatchling normals for about 40-45 quid and I can get one from a breeder for 10-15. :)
Tiffany-x
Mort13 Posted - 15/11/2010 : 08:05:47
Ha,ha,ha knew it wouldn't take long!! You honestly won't regret it. I think Okeetees are lovely
Hope your local shop can sort one for you,will be a nice early Xmas pressie to yourself.
I have to say after getting Falcor from a breeder I can see how people get into the breeding of them. There was approx 200 snakes there and so many morphs! My mum was even picking out individuals that she liked. Bearing in mind it was a well know breeders they still had a few hatchlings left though and it was only 2 weeks ago!
Congrats on stopping smoking by the way,just shows that if you really want to you can
crazy JJ Posted - 15/11/2010 : 02:19:03
yeah they can be, i was really lucky this year, and sold all mine within 2/3weeks of havin them up for sale so actually made a profit in it and dint actually have to buy any extra pinkies for when i bought my new hatchies from donnie but last year i still had them the start of this year, i wont be breeding next year shikira needs a break and not sure about my other adults might try them but not sure yet :)
but yes i make sure they all go to good homes, even in the pet shop i visted them and moaned a few times cos they wernt cleaned out or no water etc. the ones i sold privatly i asked a few questions first

thats lucky mine wouldnt even know who to ring there really useless :(
lotabob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 02:11:20
Yeah my local reptile shop is very good, if they don't have it they can get it. I was thinking of breeding but by all accounts the babies are really difficult to sell on and I'd want to know that they all go to good homes. I would love to know the genes in my anery, see what lurks inside etc, maybe there should be a breeding pool for snakes like there is for dogs, maybe there already is.
crazy JJ Posted - 15/11/2010 : 02:04:24
lol u best do, na they dont take much room, put it this way i can fit a fair few more in (although my mum dont think so)

hmmm wonders how many other people think like that? well im slightly lucky cos i dont have a great rep shop next to me it only has normals, snows and aneries in it and thats only once a year (breeding season) when me and a mate breed and sell some to them so that dont really count but sometimes they will have something else but very rarely :(
lotabob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 01:55:36
Yeah it was a good reward, decided I was ready for a snake and wanted to stop smoking so just stopped, cold turkey; 20 a day to nothing told myself that if I make it to 6 weeks I'll get a snake with the money I've saved. That should be given on the NHS, a snake incentive, worked better than a patch would. I don't even think about smoking any more, no room in my thoughts with all the snake stuff going on in my head.

You have 15 snakes oh god, I better buy a bigger house. I would love a huge boa or python but thats many years down the line, I'll work my way upto that. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop at the reptile shop. And I've been watching all the episodes of snakebyte tv on youtube and I'm addicted to it now, all the different reptiles they show. I'm sure everyone I know is totally sick to death of my constant snake related waffle but I dont care, I've just so much to say about them.
crazy JJ Posted - 15/11/2010 : 01:39:54
nice reward then lol, cant remember how much ive seen them go for recently though i got mine at my local rep shop about 4yrs ago... she is a stunner she was my first :)
yup i found that out the hard way she was my first 4yrs ago and now i think i have 15 me thins a boa is next for me o and a cali king :D and hypo bloodred is next for a corn
lotabob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 01:30:25
£40 is good, my Anery was £55 so if I can get one for £40 I'll be very impressed. Yeah I love the markings on them, I was looking at an Amel but spotted a picture of the Okeetee and well I have to have one. I want a Black King Snake too but maybe leave that for next year. This is so bad, I wanted a snake for as long as I remember, I get a snake, I love it, its just brilliant and now I want more snakes. They should be sold with a warning, more addictive than cigarettes (coincidently what I gave up to save up for all the kit etc. A snake was my reward)
crazy JJ Posted - 15/11/2010 : 01:05:10
they are very pretty i may add :D i paid £40 for mine if that helps
Oh How Original Posted - 15/11/2010 : 00:23:17
Oh wow, they are absolutely GORGEOUS!
Basically like Pendulum but with black as well.
I may have to get one myself, what sort of price are they if you know?
Oh How Original Posted - 15/11/2010 : 00:22:27
I've never even heard of one to be honest, I shall have to check them out :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000