The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Self cannibalism!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 14/11/2010 : 18:48:10
Spot was eating his mouse and just as he had finished he failed to notice his OWN tail was lying across his mouth. When he chomped down to close his mouth he bit down on himself and shot across the feeding tub so fast that when he hit the side it actually moved the whole tub. I thought he was clever but I'm not so sure now and why is it you never have a camera running when you need one.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
drchino Posted - 15/11/2010 : 15:44:50
aww poor thing (hehe thats well funny!)

Izzy has tried to eat herself a couple of times now. The first time she tried to take the mouse head and her midsection in at the same time and the other time was when the mouse burst and she got blood on herself and a her water bowl. Was quite funny seeing her try to eat herself and then have a go at eating a water bowl 100 times bigger than her head!

...and I thought she was a clever snake! How wrong I am! All I can hear some nights is her trying to climb up on the roof and then falling off.
Mort13 Posted - 15/11/2010 : 12:13:33
Aww bless him,not the brightest thing to do eh. Good he's ok though.
herriotfan Posted - 15/11/2010 : 10:12:43
Awww, poor little chap.
lotabob Posted - 14/11/2010 : 20:58:57
I think it was a one off, he couldn't be stupid enough to try eating his own tail again.
tehbunneh Posted - 14/11/2010 : 20:41:18
Ripley is the same when any pressure is applied to his tail. It is one of the best ways to make him go into his viv XDD Gently apply pressure to the tip and he goes scooting XD But yeah, may want to keep an eye on him doing that, cos if next time he doesn't register its himself, you could have a bit of a sticky situation!
lotabob Posted - 14/11/2010 : 20:37:45
No, he didn't do any damage I checked his tail and I think the shock of something squeezing his tail was enough to make him move it. Lets hope he doesn't do it again or at least wait until I have a camera running.
hayleyb93 Posted - 14/11/2010 : 19:36:05
awh poor snake :[ i bet he wont do that again.
Tiffany-x Posted - 14/11/2010 : 19:27:48
Oh the poor little thing. Silly snake! Your lucky he didnt do too much damage. :P
Tiffany-x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000