The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 a Newbies not a newbie forever :D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dizzie85 Posted - 25/10/2010 : 21:07:58
I seem to be spamming your boards but your such a helpful lot I cant help it :D I just wanted to say THANKYOU for all of your help with Charlie! I can now go in and pick him up, I can pick up when he is not comfortable, when he's had enough, and when its just all too much for him ( when people want to see him).
I feel Charlie will make a fantastic snake long term bearning in mind he is only a baby as he allowed my 6year old daughter to sit today and slither over her, (my hand always on him~) and though I could tell he was frettinghe was sooo good!!

Now Im fighting the urge to get another!!! I see all your lovely pictures and a black and white one would be fantastic... I dont know the morph yet to go looking but maybe thats a good thing!!
I was terrified when I got Charlie determined to overcome my fear of snakes always knowing at the back of my mind If I couldnt I would have to rehome him but he has been the perfect starter and we have learnt together!

Someone talk some sense into me please lol!!! I want another snake but all common sense tells me NOT YET!! pmsl
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sullysteve Posted - 12/11/2010 : 17:58:48
This is an amazing thread! I just read it all and can relate to dizzie so much!
I started on 1 corn about 6 months ago and now I have...well see below... Haha. I have had both nippy and placid versions of corns and I don't think I will ever stop adding to my collection. My missis told me to stop at 2 corns ( oh no no no). I have even introduced my best mate in to keeping snakes and even my 10 year old brother in law!!

I AM ON YOUR LEVEL DIZZIE!

I think a king snake is next on the list!
cornaking Posted - 01/11/2010 : 14:50:55
Hehehehe I'm addicted too I'm already planning my 3rd snake - just have to convince the other half...
dizzie85 Posted - 01/11/2010 : 11:02:41
I might just try that as she only bites when I have got her out and go to sit down with her theres no warning and she seems fine after,, I remember with Charlie I spent lots of time with my hand in there letting him get used to me as I was terrified of him.. guess im now being too confident and need to take a few steps backwards. She's so beautiful though soo hard to resist :d
lotabob Posted - 31/10/2010 : 23:04:59
Let her smell you for a few days without picking her up, she's just not sure at the moment, are you a threat, are you going to eat her etc so if she approaches you stay still, let her climb on your hand etc but just stay still, then when she appears calm maybe a week or so down the line then slowly move your hand out with her. Its all confidence and calmness around them too, and well done for keeping to it even though you got bitten but maybe rewind a step, she's not ready to be man handled yet.

PS she is a REALLY beautiful snake, worth the odd nip, she will get there.
gmac Posted - 31/10/2010 : 22:34:32
she is nippy as she is only a hatchling and its the only defence she has, she will become more used to you as she is handled more. she may not have been handled very much in the past so not yet used to big people coming to pick her up.
dizzie85 Posted - 31/10/2010 : 22:30:05
Hi guys I didnt want to post anohter thread so hoping I get a response on this. I brough Matida on thursday a carolina hatchling and I know I am meant to leave her be for a week and I just couldn't resist, Yesterday on day 2 I went into change her water and she crawled onto me so I took the oppertunity to hold her,,,, well she bit me! It actually broke the skin slightly too but it didnt hurt,,, Wonder if it was just the angle! Anyhow I put her straight back gently.... Today i've gone in to spot check as I saw her pooh and again she was there so I picked her up... again she bit me!! This time she hasnt left so much as a mark and it was literally if you hadnt seen her do it you wouldn't of noticed but again I put her right back not fretting... I just wonder why she is nippy and Charlie has never even attempted it... Is it because though she is comig out I shouldnt hold her yet OR the possibility she hasnt been handled? she doesnt seem to fret its a quick nip and then as normal... she pooped on me AGAIN today! thats twice in 24hours! Just wondering should I restart the 7days of leaving her alone (though when I go into change her water she's straight out) OR make more of an effort to hold her and tame her down?
dizzie85 Posted - 28/10/2010 : 19:18:16
Haha pmsl! I have made a promise to the other half not to get another! 2 is enough as we have 3 kids under 7 as well lol so erm yeah! Hands are full already! though my 7year old has just taken on an african clawed Frog so hmmmm It was a compromise because she wanted a chamelion and I said no pmsl! Uploaded better pics though theyre a bit big!! Thats the pic the breeder sent to me obv cant really throw a camera in her face the day I get her hehe! Doesnt do her an ounce of justice she got lovely orange inbetween the browns :D cant wait to see how she grows :D
herriotfan Posted - 28/10/2010 : 13:44:58
Oh dear, that means we 'failed' your first request for help!!! No hope now, it's down the slippery slope you go............
Can't wait to see photos of the new additon.
dizzie85 Posted - 28/10/2010 : 12:03:54
Haha no it was a snake! an anery I wanted but seen the most beautiful carolina with sriking Orange in her too, the breeder assuredme her pic doesnt do her justice and so I've agreed :D, she's coming at 5pm tonight lol! Excited much? yessssssss
Katie.Dublin Posted - 28/10/2010 : 01:15:26
Is it just a corn snake you want, or a reptile in general? Bearded dragons will sit on your lap/shoulder/ head (!) for the day if you want them too! My lad watches movies with us all the time! Sorry i prolly shouldnt be promoting a lizard of all things on TCS forum!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 28/10/2010 : 01:13:53
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

It really really is :D
lotabob Posted - 27/10/2010 : 23:30:31

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
gingerpony Posted - 26/10/2010 : 08:54:39
ADDICT!!!

(aren't we all though)
stotty01 Posted - 25/10/2010 : 22:30:26
you cant be doing to bad is charlie is still thriving as good as ever :) shops should not really sell hatchies that dont eat, next time you go in your rep shop have a look at them and ask if there feeding well :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rHKREwCfnQ look at the rack behind him....full of snakes
dizzie85 Posted - 25/10/2010 : 22:15:25
I have the room, the time and the money pmsl.... I just dont want to take on more than I can handle!!! I ask for every lil thing Im not sure of on here lol! I really want one im positive I wont regret it but see so many posts on snakes refusing to feed and things I've been lucky with Charlie he has more than an adequete appetite, he has tamed so well and been the prefect comapny though I just dont think he is enough I feel I want to hold him more but have to give him respect which is why I think getting two would be ideal... but ok im addmitting if I find another anery.... Im getting it pmsl!!
stotty01 Posted - 25/10/2010 : 22:12:31
ok lets be logical...think of the nike slogan....JUST DO IT!!! xD but of course when you have the room, time, money etc :P
dizzie85 Posted - 25/10/2010 : 21:50:59
Stotty01! your pic of medusa... your sposed to be putting me off pmsl! Charlie has turned out to be amazingbut I want to hold him All the time but I know I have to give him time to himself esp as he is a hatchling. I cant help think a second snake would fulfil me, when I cant hold Charlie I can another lol! I already have a spare setup as I well over spent on charlie, all I would need for a second snake would be another thermostat... arrgh trying to fight it.. I dno I dont want to impulse buy.... Charlie is amazing but he isnt ready to be held as much as I want to hold him! My ideal woyuld be to have snake out all evening watching tv with me, Charlie will do that for 10mins at most before I get feeling he wants to go back home so Im thinking a second snake... how could I loose??? xx
stotty01 Posted - 25/10/2010 : 21:45:43
anery or a ghost ;) yeah terrible hobby isnt it :/ even worse when you volunteer in a rep shop O_o you see every hatchie and every other sort of reptile come in knowing that you do not have enough money or room :/ im now on persuading for a python xD
dizzie85 Posted - 25/10/2010 : 21:43:43
I have the space and money.... got our own income we both work.... but it takes more than money and space I know lol! arrgh fighting the urge pmsl!!! Noo I want to get used to Charlie and have him used to being held by all the family first I think,,, but can't promise if I see one up for sale I wont be out there and buying him lmao! xx
Scarlett Posted - 25/10/2010 : 21:30:43
Give yourself a bit more time I'd say, ya know from the responsible point of view =P But I'd buy loads more now if I had the space and money. I bought my second snake (Odin) about 9 months after I got Ember, so I gave myself time to think about it, plan and save for it. Although Odin was a Royal (he sadly passed away 5 months in to my owning him) and they have more issues so I had to, but it's always good to plan things out so you know you're sure =]

x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000