The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Just put Charlie in new enclosure.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dizzie85 Posted - 07/10/2010 : 22:15:14
Ive just put him in a new enclosure within the viv, he was in a hatchling tub and moved him to a small fist tank.. probably 1ft by half ft. (guess work lol)
Well I have had him since last Frieday and he hasnt been so active EVER. Infact I didnt actually realise he was as big as he was because he has to be over 1ft in lengh and he is 8weeks old????

My question... he is so active and looks so intrigued im sooo tempte to pick him up and hold him but ive read again and again on here how important it is to leave them alone for aweek when u move their enclosure?
I know nothing about snakes and I wont pretend I do but in his hatchling tun he rarely moved,, stayed coiled up but he has been in his new one 4hours and hegoes into his hide for about ten minutes then is straight back out esploring it looks like he is looking for a way out haha.

How wrong would it be to pick him up now? or even tomorrow once he settled? and feeding? he was fed Monday due to be fed again tomorrow but im happy to let that wait.... opinions good or bad please???

I aknoledge I have no idea of him yet ishe exploring and enjoying it on his new encloseure which as more foliage than space OR is he stressed looking for away out and NEEDS to be left alone? He has aspen substrate he is burrowing n that even using the hides but ten mins later he is back out exploring.... been 4hours now!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dizzie85 Posted - 08/10/2010 : 14:19:51
Do you know what I dont even remember posting this! (Iv'e got this conversation running in the other section!) Sorry!!
drchino Posted - 08/10/2010 : 10:52:36
Yeah I'd say to leave for a few days, maybe even offer a meal and then handle 48 hours later. Its a long time to wait but at least that way you know the snake has settled in properly. If they eat without a problem then its a good sign that they're happy in the new viv!
gingerpony Posted - 08/10/2010 : 08:20:13
even for a change of viv i'd personally leave a week for the snake to de-stress
Kellog Posted - 08/10/2010 : 03:40:57
Despite Katie tempting you ....I would suggest that you let Charlie settle in for 4/5 days. Although he has got used to the sounds and smells of your house, he now has a new big viv to get used to and although it seems as though he is loving it and rushing around exploring, it is still better to give him time to settle in and calm down.

Leave him for those few days....then feed him and leave him the necessary 48hrs....then you can handle him.

(am I getting a sense of de ja vu here???? )

And no cheating !!!!

xxx
Katie.Dublin Posted - 07/10/2010 : 22:32:01
Its been a week since you got him! I know i wouldnt be able to resist having a little hold :) shhhh don't tell the others!
dizzie85 Posted - 07/10/2010 : 22:17:00
Spelling I have no excuse for,,, running on adrenaline I think haha!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000