The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 hmmm shedded

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smiffy89 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 15:49:20
snickers has had a decent feed other day had to move him on to next size up food.the only thing im thinking at mo he has shedded but it didnt come off all in 1 go, bits came off over 3 days .read in to it and its seems an ok thing nothin to worry bout jus wonderd if its normal wi juviniles or not.
thanx in advance for your feed back
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 03/10/2010 : 04:04:28
Herriotfan has given you some good advice to help him shed next time Craig, although I would add an extra water bowl rather than move his original one onto the heatmat as I am sure Snickers wont want to be drinking warm water!

It would be best if you added the moss hide after his eyes have cleared (if you can tell)....or instead of adding a new hide you can just put moss in his normal hides. I am assuming he is in a faun, in which case I THINK you need to put the moss in both sides as there is more ventilation than in a wooden viv and therefore extra humidity is lost easily.

These links might help - Making a damp hide and Moss

Did you manage to find all the bits of the shed and check that the eye caps and tail tip have come off?

Must be quite frustrating with an amel, not being able to tell when it is 'blue'....whereas with my snakes it is very obvious as their colours change so obviously and their eyes go cloudy and their behaviour changes as well, they go into hiding. Hopefully next time you will get some hint and be able to give him that extra help he needs.

xxx

Edited cos of brain fog induced spelling

herriotfan Posted - 02/10/2010 : 22:37:51
Next time he starts to look dull and his eyes cloud over put a small tub in his viv with some damp, not wet, spag moss in. Like you would for your geckos. Also move his water to the warm side. That will help raise the humidity and hopefully help him shed in one complete bit!
gingerpony Posted - 02/10/2010 : 20:39:47
it's not uncommon but it's not ideal.............as long as it's all removed there shouldn't be a problem

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000