The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 multiple reptiles in a viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 00:17:41
just curious, but can u put various different reptile species in 1 large viv.

for an example i will use:
a couple of corn snakes in with a geko?

by the way, i am just wondering, as ive alsways wondered this
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 11/08/2010 : 16:16:42
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Sorry GP, seems it was me that missed something!!

nah hun, it was me saying something similar in a round about, generic kinda way and you getting straight to the point lol
mikerichards Posted - 11/08/2010 : 15:34:06
Sorry GP, seems it was me that missed something!!
gingerpony Posted - 11/08/2010 : 10:45:30
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

i never planned on accually doing it, like i stated, i was only wondering and have done for many yrs, im just one of those guys tat if i can have an awkward question answered, then i go for it basically

curiosity and playing devils advocate a little..............like me lol
herriotfan Posted - 11/08/2010 : 10:04:57
To be on the safe side.....NO!!!
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 09:17:29
i never planned on accually doing it, like i stated, i was only wondering and have done for many yrs, im just one of those guys tat if i can have an awkward question answered, then i go for it basically
gingerpony Posted - 11/08/2010 : 08:54:50
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Something that has been missed...their temp range is totally different, their habitat, humidity requirements, substrates.

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

...providing...they require the same husbandry eg. temps, humidity etc

i kinda had it covered...........
mikerichards Posted - 11/08/2010 : 08:47:10
Something that has been missed, leos originate from the desert in Pakistan, corns do not, their temp range is totally different, their habitat, humidity requirements, substrates.
A Leo needs an average temp of about 32 degrees, corns will survive, but its not a healthy idea.
gingerpony Posted - 11/08/2010 : 08:29:56
not a good idea with snakes but you can mix different day gecko species, or geckos with frogs, providing the enclosure is big enough, the species are compatible, the individuals are compatible, and they require the same husbandry eg. temps, humidity etc
Figs Posted - 11/08/2010 : 00:29:08
Hmmm....
With very similar species it *might* work - like possibly gargoyles and crested geckos together or bearded dragons and plated lizards i think

With animals so different like corns and geckos you'd probably end up with just fat corns
You'd need to make sure the requirements for each species are the same and that you really do have a big viv - animals do coexist in the wild but they have miles and miles of space to have their own individual territories in... its pretty difficult to have your own territory sharing a 4ft viv or something

Then theres always risks of aggression, competition for food and just general stress for the animals - most (if not all) reptiles are solitary and 'enjoy' their own space
gmac Posted - 11/08/2010 : 00:26:57
why, you mix any animals in a close confined space and you are just asking for trouble. so no would be my answer

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000