The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Pinkie lol

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lizzyd Posted - 03/08/2010 : 23:29:23
Heard a great story a while ago about someone who had a big bag of pinkies in the freezer to feed all their new little snakies. Their wife was slightly short sighted and thought it was a bag of prawns. They had friends coming over to dinner...you can guess the rest. Im still laughing. Wish i could have been there.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mouse Posted - 05/08/2010 : 11:30:11
:D and they say we have no natural predators!
lizzyd Posted - 04/08/2010 : 22:41:28
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

The closest I have got is the big boa and the kitten nose to nose at the glass, I am sure the boa would have salivated if she could! Its funny though, I can see the thought process, the cats thinking this would be fun to play with, and the boas thinking, come and play!!
Funny though, the boa never strikes, she knows the glass is there!

Sounds a bit like when i went to the zoo with my 3yr old son. The lion inches away from him, looking at him through the glass. My son wanted to stroke him. The lion wanted breakfast. Was quite unnerving, you could see what the lion was thinking.
mikerichards Posted - 04/08/2010 : 19:06:51
The closest I have got is the big boa and the kitten nose to nose at the glass, I am sure the boa would have salivated if she could! Its funny though, I can see the thought process, the cats thinking this would be fun to play with, and the boas thinking, come and play!!
Funny though, the boa never strikes, she knows the glass is there!
herriotfan Posted - 04/08/2010 : 18:59:26
Lol.....I think most of us have heard one tale or another. Must admit I do like the pinkie prawns !!!!!
Mouse Posted - 04/08/2010 : 13:33:37
I've heard it about a 12 footer, (big constrictor..dunno which one) a mate had years ago, and would flatten itself whenever she walked in the room, not heard of one stretching out though. Wish mine would do that so I could measure them properly!!!
CSN Posted - 04/08/2010 : 12:51:05
lol no one has told me this yet but when they do ill threaten to put her in there bed lol
gingerpony Posted - 04/08/2010 : 09:44:42
with having lots of snakes we have a dedicated 'snake food' freezer so no risk of that happening here lol

though with more than half our collection in the bedroom i'd better hope i don't wake up to one of the big corns/JCPs stretching out next to me in bed...............lmfao
lizzyd Posted - 03/08/2010 : 23:44:29
Ive heard that one myself at least four times. Never heard of a snake doing that in the wild tho. I think the prey may notice.
Thante Posted - 03/08/2010 : 23:42:19
haha wonder if anyone tried one :P.

since getting my corn i've had 12 people, and counting, who have told me the urban myth about the woman who kept a snake free in her house and it started stretching it's self out against her while she slept to "size her up" to eat her
when i tell them i've heard it before the always insist adamantly its true and happened to there cusions friend haha

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000