The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 suspicion confirmed. i think

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
solid Posted - 29/07/2010 : 18:25:29
i`ve always thought liquid was a girl but never had her sexed, rescently shes been unusualy very active day and night. i just got home to find this

am i right in thinking these are unfertile eggs? (she hasn`t been near my other snakes) and what do i do with them?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
solid Posted - 03/08/2010 : 17:31:42
no chance GP, i got her from south coast exotics in march last year, she was at a guess around 3-4 months old

this is from that week - ET small hide

i`ve weighed the 11 eggs and they totaled 43 grams, liquid is way down to 180
gingerpony Posted - 03/08/2010 : 08:26:42
you could try dipping the mouse's bum in the Nutrobal - that's usually the last bit of mouse to go down so shouldn't put her off eating it

i can't remember how long you've had her (baby-brain moment lol) is it possible she's been in with a male before you got her? i paired my corns for 2 weeks in Feb and only just got a clutch from one of the girls when i'd given up hope!

solid Posted - 02/08/2010 : 23:15:45
she seems to be doing ok so far, hasn`t left her hide as far as i know.

i gave her a small mouse on friday and another one today which she snapped up, but i`ve just had a brainwave - i`ve got nutrobal here from before raven disappeared it says its a high calcium balancer. would it be of any use in this situation?
mikerichards Posted - 30/07/2010 : 13:50:28
I would be surprised if she doubles, not being with a male usually means just the one clutch.
solid Posted - 29/07/2010 : 22:16:08
ok cheers lee, i`ll see if she`ll take a couple of smalls tomorrow and maybe get some mediums at the weekend. need to restock on large as well while i`m there
matty18714 Posted - 29/07/2010 : 22:12:11
In both mine and lee's experience, if they do it once they will do it again.

As Lee said, you want her eating soon. Check tomorrow that she has laid them all, if she has, offer prey smaller that you would normaly and work your way back up.
lee2308 Posted - 29/07/2010 : 21:52:18
you want to feed her asap and every 5 days to build up her calcium,my king double cluctches evey year so it could be a regualer thing.
solid Posted - 29/07/2010 : 21:40:28
replied

11 eggs total, it doesnt look like theres any more and she looks a bit skinny now. when do i try a feed? i dont want to do it too soon as i imagine she`s worn out and may not keep it down

also how often will she lay eggs if kept "virgin"
hillzi Posted - 29/07/2010 : 20:37:15
Geting a job soon mate, will zip it over.

I owe some lady money mate, will send it when my payment to her is due.

edit: You have an email
solid Posted - 29/07/2010 : 19:16:01
thers 8 so far, and by the looks of her there may be more to come

i never did get that 15 quid tom..........
hillzi Posted - 29/07/2010 : 18:54:50
Yeah theyr'e slugs mate, totally useless.

Wait for her to squeeze them all out then bin them, she shouldnt have any trouble as she's a fair sized girl.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000