The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Ran out of Silicone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittleMick Posted - 13/07/2010 : 22:55:42
Damn! As some of you may know I got my new VX36 the other day, got all the gear, just got my legs through today, bought some silicone, even booked half a day off work so I could crack on with it all, and I bloomin' ran out of silicone didn't I, grrrrr! Shop was shut as well by the time this happened so now I have to wait until tomorrow now, and I have to get a couple of 3D backgrounds as well, lol, I have serioulsy ignored how much I was planning on spending on Elijah's new home for his initial big home setup. It's coming on great though, can't wait to get some snaps up.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 15/07/2010 : 21:29:36
Nah, if I was going to run silicone around all he bare edges, then I thought it pointless, I would waste alot of silicone, when all that is needed is to make the inside edges water tight, so I built it all, then ran round the inside seams with big splodges then used kitchen roll and finger to push it right in the cracks to seal it. It's actually dried out quite well. Better job than who ever made my Leopard gecko viv, lol.

PS; just clicked what you meant, silicone the cam faces that are showing, no I didn't, ummm, maybe I should.
Sta~ple Posted - 15/07/2010 : 19:55:01
^ That is exactly what my dad thought, me and him had an argument over the vents. Mine were already fitted in Mike. It was the same with the runners as well the only reason I wanted to seal them is because if I didn't apprently it invalidates the warranty. I didn't bother with the other cable hole, all mine will be going in there when they are adults or big enough not to escape the cable holes. Did you seal around the cam holes?
LittleMick Posted - 15/07/2010 : 19:23:03
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

y do u have to round the runners and vents??

Hey RD, I presume that Q was aimed at Sta~ple?

I didn't Silicone the vents either believe me, they ain't going anywhere, I had to hammer hte buggers back, lol. Or the runners, with the glass in there they won't budge either. So unless anyone has known snakes to get out via these methods I won't bother putting any silicone on them. I did silicone the spare cable hole, and I will be using the cardboard trick.

And NO ONE can see pics, lol. Don't worry they are forth coming in my next 101.
Sizzlesmum Posted - 14/07/2010 : 20:50:49
Look forward to seeing pics of the finished project
reptiledanny Posted - 14/07/2010 : 20:21:50
y do u have to round the runners and vents??
do u have pics of the setup, would love to see them
LittleMick Posted - 14/07/2010 : 20:01:15
Yeah I tell you what, it so stinks it's unbelievable. I started to get a headache, lucky I didn't do it in the same room as my animals.

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I know what you mean! I got I think the 310ml stuff to do 4 vivs... Managed just but I didn't silicon the runners or around the vents :/

His new viv sounds fantastic though!

I can't remember how big it was but it was only a small tube, lol, I thought that will be enough. Anyway, got the larger tube today plus a couple of Exo Terra backgrounds, finished doing the silicone, another headache. But I'll leave that now until tomorrow and get those backgrounds in. I feel abit guilty as I stole Elles vines out of her viv and going to use them in Elijah's . But this won't be for long though, because I enjoyed doing Elijah's so far I will totallyrevamp Elle's to look more like her natural environment.
Sta~ple Posted - 14/07/2010 : 10:30:40
I know what you mean! I got I think the 310ml stuff to do 4 vivs... Managed just but I didn't silicon the runners or around the vents :/

His new viv sounds fantastic though!
hillzi Posted - 14/07/2010 : 10:06:52
Least it gives it time to air out some of the fumes from the silicone youv'e already put there.
Mouse Posted - 14/07/2010 : 08:44:34
aaaw, did you get everything else done apart from the silicone?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000