The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 good value starter kits

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joetheimpaler Posted - 10/07/2010 : 17:56:12
im looking for a good corn snake starter kits and i found this one at the leaping lizards york website which i think is quite good value but i want some different opinions. so, here it is:
x1 carolina corn snake
x1 exo terra plastic faunarium
x1 heat mat
x1 thermometer
x1 water bowl
x1 bag of aspen bedding
x1 hide (ive got one already)
x1 plastic plant
x1 corn snake care booklet
x4 pinkie mice
for about £80 which i think is quite good with the snake included but what do you think? p.s. i'll get a stat seperately.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 15/07/2010 : 20:50:55
£94 for the snake and faun kit plus £46 for stat n therms
mikeyd_26 Posted - 14/07/2010 : 12:57:18
no just a faun starter kit! (inc snake)
eeji Posted - 13/07/2010 : 18:12:20
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

....then my local reptile shop is selling Honda's!!! ....

hillzi Posted - 13/07/2010 : 14:13:43
Thats alright Joe I do that sometimes too.. , haha eeji then my local reptile shop is selling Honda's!!!

Was that with a wooden viv or faun Mikey? Sounds quite good for a 3ft viv if you get all the furnishings with it too, like hides and the such.
mikeyd_26 Posted - 12/07/2010 : 23:01:38
i bought a seperate thermostat wiv my kit paid £28.99 extra for the thermostat (inc delivery!) and then £3.99 each for 2 digi thermometers
cost me £140 in total!!! ouch! but worth it!!! :)
joetheimpaler Posted - 12/07/2010 : 20:01:59
lol, sorry hillzi about repeating what u said i sent it without realizing there was a second page with your post on it.
eeji Posted - 12/07/2010 : 18:24:33
if its not got a stat then its not a starter kit :p :D :D :D Thats like buying a new car and only finding out that there are no brakes fitted after driving off ;)
hillzi Posted - 12/07/2010 : 17:48:58

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

it may be a good 'price', but its a bad 'starter kit'. There is one extremely important piece of equipment missing from that list - brownie points to whoever posts what it is first! :D

Ah yes but the OP said he'd buy one seperately, so he's not completely forgot about it. The starter kit itself isn't too bad if it labelled itself NEED THERMOSTAT otherwise if its selling itself as "Complete starter kit" like my local does without a stat, then it's not great IMHO.

quote:
Originally posted by joetheimpaler

i did say that im getting a stat seperately in the original post by the way
[/quote]

As I said mate!
joetheimpaler Posted - 12/07/2010 : 16:37:19
i did say that im getting a stat seperately in the original post by the way
hillzi Posted - 12/07/2010 : 11:22:59
quote:

it may be a good 'price', but its a bad 'starter kit'. There is one extremely important piece of equipment missing from that list - brownie points to whoever posts what it is first! :D

Ah yes but the OP said he'd buy one seperately, so he's not completely forgot about it. The starter kit itself isn't too bad if it labelled itself NEED THERMOSTAT otherwise if its selling itself as "Complete starter kit" like my local does without a stat, then it's not great IMHO.
hiper2009 Posted - 12/07/2010 : 10:34:02
quote:

the winner of the brownie points is..........................

REPTILEDANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

....and hiper can have some too for being a smart@r$e! :D :D :D

Lol yayyy does that mean you give me a free hatchling ?
eeji Posted - 11/07/2010 : 23:24:13
the winner of the brownie points is..........................

REPTILEDANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

....and hiper can have some too for being a smart@r$e! :D :D :D
hiper2009 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 21:30:37
quote:

Thermostat and the water to fill the water bowl lol or snakey will die with out water so they should give free bottle of water seing as its a starter kit deal what good is a waterbowl with out any water ROFL !!
reptiledanny Posted - 11/07/2010 : 20:33:50
quote:

thermostat
eeji Posted - 11/07/2010 : 20:29:28
mrsT Posted - 11/07/2010 : 13:30:32
Seems really reasonable to me....off to have a lookie at the website now
mikeyd_26 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 13:28:20
normals £40 my amel was around £50 and my friends butter was around £50 the starter kit was £40 on top of the snake
Sta~ple Posted - 11/07/2010 : 12:41:14
That's not bad. Maybe price up the things separate and see if you can save some bob. Though to be honest, I think that is a pretty sweet deal. How much do they sell their snakes on their own there?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 12:12:08
quote:
Originally posted by greyhound

I got fed up with digi stats the batteries dont seem to last very long so went back to my usual ones.Thats all we had years ago and the reps were fine

If you mean thermometers, then thats a pretty bad decision. There a necessitiy. Especially since most dial ones are mounted on the wall so don't even read the temperature from the right place.

I have 4 digital thermometers, one for each of my snakes, the oldest being bought in december and i still havn't needed to replace the battery, so they can actually last a while.

Plus its not as if the batteries cost much, There about a pound each but if you go to poundland you can get this big pack of cell batteries which has 4 of the ones the digi therms need (Going by exo digi therms).
hillzi Posted - 11/07/2010 : 12:05:03
Digital thermostats?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000