The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 wood vivarium heat mat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joetheimpaler Posted - 07/07/2010 : 16:50:47
i have just got a wooden viv for my snake which im getting soon and i wondered that because its wood would it be safe to use a heat mat for the viv because some heat mats say glass vivariums only on them. and if i have to use a lamp is red light best because they cant see it - can they see red light?, i dont know!!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 07/07/2010 : 21:47:20
Heat mats are fine to use, but only on the inside. I don't know why one would say glass only though, heatmats on glass vivs usually go on the outside.
As above too, use a good stat, it saves potentially a lot of agro and money!
gmac Posted - 07/07/2010 : 17:51:02
mats in vivs are fine, If you go with the light best with infra red, does give of some light but not as much as a plain red one. Or you could use ceramic heater. Just make sure you get the correct stat for the heat source.

this link will take you to the sister site the royal python, this gives the info on the stats http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=213
reptiledanny Posted - 07/07/2010 : 17:49:13
heat mats are fine as long as they are statted , just put them in the cage instead of outside

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000